When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

This is whats concerning me again. Surely tier 3 areas should be locked down with travelling in and out illegal unless for work/caring etc.. Whats the point in having such tight restrictions in these areas if people can travel out of the area and do what they want else where..? I'm confused.

It's just 'advise' not to travel from tier 3 again which is just stupid. I know from last time how well that worked

29 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m hearing:

Kit Malthouse to home sec

Raab to Gove’s old job

Sajid Javid to Foreign Sec

Patel to party chairman

Williamson and JRM sacked

Jeremy Hunt brought back in to cabinet 

Gove to health secretary

Hancock to leader of the house 

As much as I loathe them all, this would at least be a case of promoting the less incompetent people and demoting the more incompetent people.

In the Cabinet: Javid, Malthouse >> Raab, Patel. And Hancock & Williamson have been hopeless.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry mate but absolutely no way will he be remembered like that. His personal approval ratings are in the gutter and it shouldn’t be forgotten he has blown a 20 odd point lead in the polls. His complete shambles of a response to this pandemic should and hopefully will be remembered for a long time.

His latest mistake is coming in a few weeks I fear as well.

This is clearly the way it should be, but it is incredible how much can be forgotten especially when guided by the misinformation propagated by the right wing press.

I sadly am old enough to have lived through the evil that was thatcher, and am amazed that she is still seen favourably by so many.

4 minutes ago, alanr said:

This is clearly the way it should be, but it is incredible how much can be forgotten especially when guided by the misinformation propagated by the right wing press.

I sadly am old enough to have lived through the evil that was thatcher, and am amazed that she is still seen favourably by so many.

Maybe it’s my biased but I have always thought Thatcher was hated? I’m 35 so was too young to realise what it was like with her. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Maybe it’s my biased but I have always thought Thatcher was hated? I’m 35 so was too young to realise what it was like with her. 

I’m northern so grew up in the time of Thatcher when she did the most damage to many of the communities up here. 

There is deep hatred of her still in these parts but as much as there’s immense hate for her she was a lot better Prime Minister than the recent ones. 

She may have literally ripped the heart out of the local communities but she had backbone and stuck to her word.

Edited by squirrelarmy

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m hearing:

Raab to Gove’s old job

Patel to party chairman

Gove to health secretary

bit more competency over nutty brexit loyalty.

Thatcher absolutely devastated the mining towns of Yorkshire and the North East which ended the way of lives of many people up here. 

However doing that forced people up here to retrain and Yorkshire especially was at the centre of the IT and call centre boom. Thatcher forced that change on us, Leeds wouldn’t be the powerhouse it is now if not for the ending of the dependence on mining and wool mills for the local economy. 

The North East became a centre for car manufacturing. 

Overall things have turned out ok eventually, coal mining was always unsustainable. Change was going to have to come sooner or later. It was just a massive shock to the system at the time. 

I’m hearing:

Raab to Gove’s old job

Patel to party chairman

Gove to health secretary

This would be interesting and the make up looks a bit more like Johnson from Mayor of London rather than Cummings Johnson (wheyy). Gove to health interesting, can't stand him but hard to argue that he hasn't made a difference at each cabinet position he's had (all for the worse). 

7 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

This would be interesting and the make up looks a bit more like Johnson from Mayor of London rather than Cummings Johnson (wheyy). Gove to health interesting, can't stand him but hard to argue that he hasn't made a difference at each cabinet position he's had (all for the worse). 

He was no Caroline Lucas, but seemed to be more effective than expected as Environment Secretary.

I’m hearing:

Raab to Gove’s old job

Patel to party chairman

Gove to health secretary

The problem is that Johnson backed himself into a corner when he got shot of some vaguely competent people because of the not entirely relevant to their dayjobs fact that they wouldn't back him on a no-deal Brexit. So he's down to the bare bones now.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He was no Caroline Lucas, but seemed to be more effective than expected as Environment Secretary.

Ardern has got a couple of Greens in her cabinet to run that for her, even though she won a majority, as she wants their expertise. No doubt Johnson will be on the phone to Lucas any day now.

ONS

• At least 6.9% of people in England have had the virus, the figures suggest, because that is the proportion of people testing positive for antibodies in October. But there is substantial regional variation. London has the highest figure, with 10.8% testing positive for antibodies. In the south-west it was 3.1%. Here is a chart with the figures for all the English regions.