When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

As can the under 18’s but there’s no plans to vaccinate them. 

This is true. 

I'll take the vaccine as I want to go to gigs etc - if I have an adverse reaction its just how it goes, but I'm very much against this "you have to have it to do anything" narrative. Once the vulnerable are vaccinated it's a bit strange to make it practically mandatory I think. 

One year ago we would've all criticised China's traffic light via app system. Now we're calling for something similar. Get the wrong government in (Farage style far right or left wing nut jobs on the other side) and it wouldn't take much to change "NHS" track and trace app to be a lot more sinister. 

I expect to see mandatory flu vaccines and mandatory masks in flu season to save the nhs in future for consistency sake if this is the road we go down. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

work from home thing ending?

The work from home directive is staying in place. I can't see that many heading into the office at the moment, unless there's a reason of drastic importance then people will be working at home. How's your office going with wfh?

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Plus the Chinese and Russian ones, who would have thought making a brand new vaccine for a new disease could be so easy?

Yeah, all it took was decades of research into RNA, nanomedicine and mechanisms of in vitro transcription to get here! In all seriousness though, these are the first road tests of platforms that have taken a very long time to develop. Testing them in a real world environment in the middle of a rampant pandemic is pretty much the quickest way to find out if they work...turns out they do! 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is true. 

I'll take the vaccine as I want to go to gigs etc - if I have an adverse reaction its just how it goes, but I'm very much against this "you have to have it to do anything" narrative. Once the vulnerable are vaccinated it's a bit strange to make it practically mandatory I think. 

One year ago we would've all criticised China's traffic light via app system. Now we're calling for something similar. Get the wrong government in (Farage style far right or left wing nut jobs on the other side) and it wouldn't take much to change "NHS" track and trace app to be a lot more sinister. 

I expect to see mandatory flu vaccines and mandatory masks in flu season to save the nhs in future for consistency sake if this is the road we go down. 

Equating the far right to the far left is such a cringe take lmao. Damn those leftist extremists and their belief in... *checks notes*... equality!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yeah, all it took was decades of research into RNA, nanomedicine and mechanisms of in vitro transcription to get here! In all seriousness though, these are the first road tests of platforms that have taken a very long time to develop. Testing them in a real world environment in the middle of a rampant pandemic is pretty much the quickest way to find out if they work...turns out they do! 

From WEF, back in March,

"As Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in the US, said: “A vaccine that you make and start testing in a year is not a vaccine that’s deployable. [It will take] a year to a year and a half, no matter how fast you go.”

Vaccines must be rigorously tested to ensure they not only work but will not cause other dangerous side-effects.

The trial methodology consists of three phases:

1. Testing on a small number of healthy adults

2. Testing on a larger number of adults in an area where the disease has spread

3.Testing on thousands of people in an area where the disease has spread

Each of these steps can last between six and eight months, but even if the vaccine candidate gets that far – many are abandoned or fail before then – they must then be studied by regulators before approval is granted."

What happened to "most vaccine candidates never make it", and "we might never get one" it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

45 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Just like they could catch it from anyone who has had the vaccine too. 

If you are worried, I’d go for the Oxford one. The first humans injected with this basic vaccine will have had it for at least a couple of years by the time you get the opportunity (they retooled an existing vaccine for this one). So at least there is some longer term data. The good thing about all 3 that have crossed the line first is that they don’t need an adjuvant to boost the immune response. Aluminium salts are the most common adjuvants used for human vaccines, and while we generally regard them as safe, they have the potential to not be. Not needing them is a good thing in my opinion. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines basically just use mRNA (present in every cell in your body). It’s unlikely that will cause any problems, but longer follow up safety data wouldn’t hurt (horses using an mRNA-based vaccine don’t seem to have long term problems though). The RNA molecule they inject doesn’t last very long (anyone that has worked with RNA in the lab will attest to the fact that it’s a pain in the arse and degrades in no time).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

From WEF, back in March,

"As Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in the US, said: “A vaccine that you make and start testing in a year is not a vaccine that’s deployable. [It will take] a year to a year and a half, no matter how fast you go.”

Vaccines must be rigorously tested to ensure they not only work but will not cause other dangerous side-effects.

The trial methodology consists of three phases:

1. Testing on a small number of healthy adults

2. Testing on a larger number of adults in an area where the disease has spread

3.Testing on thousands of people in an area where the disease has spread

Each of these steps can last between six and eight months, but even if the vaccine candidate gets that far – many are abandoned or fail before then – they must then be studied by regulators before approval is granted."

What happened to "most vaccine candidates never make it", and "we might never get one" it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

Dunno you want to stay in lockdowm another year?