When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Is anyone else confused a out Christmas? Am I right in thinking they've said we can have bubbles of three households over five days...? But there's not be an official announcement? I noticed on a Scottish article that Sturgeon was saying there would probably be some kind of travel restriction on that, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of what that is. Or have I missed something?

No official announcement yet as they're trying to get all the devolved governments to agree, so everyone in the UK is in the same boat.

11 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Is anyone else confused a out Christmas? Am I right in thinking they've said we can have bubbles of three households over five days...? But there's not be an official announcement? I noticed on a Scottish article that Sturgeon was saying there would probably be some kind of travel restriction on that, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of what that is. Or have I missed something?

They are still thrashing this out I think. Possible announcement tomorrow, but I can see it dragging on. Not like people need to make plans or anything...

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I make maps for a living so I'm certainly not a flat earther but I am a Covid 19 vaccine sceptic.

so how much data / time do you need before you feel happy to take it ? or will you take it if it becomes necessary to have it to do things ?  

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Am I the only one who find this kind of thing an embarrassment?

The leader of the whole country who swans around in golden carriages, has access to an unlimited budget and yet they can't make sure that the tech works at 10 Downing Street?

Great way to project incompetence to the world.

Obviously the technical side of things is being run by former ballet dancers 😋

So have the explained how you get out of the stricter tiers? As fully expect Greater Manchester to go into Tier 3 but our numbers are dropping rapidly so what is the review process to change tier?

Below is the difference 10 days made (bear in mind the 12th Nov is probably a result of tier 3 whereas the 22nd will be due to lockdown)

Manchester covid rates 22-11-20.jpg

Manchester covid rates 12-11-20.jpg

Edited by shoptildrop

There is no long term data - what if all the people injected with it drop dead in three years, or if they all go blind, or hair falls out or something we just don't know yet. Granted it's very unlikely but we don't know. 

If everyone who want it has it what difference does it make if I choose not to? You as a vaccinated person can probably still give me the virus and I will get as poorly as my body allows. If I have the virus and I give it to you you have increased protection. 

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

There is no long term data - what if all the people injected with it drop dead in three years, or if they all go blind, or hair falls out or something we just don't know yet. Granted it's very unlikely but we don't know. 

If everyone who want it has it what difference does it make if I choose not to? You as a vaccinated person can probably still give me the virus and I will get as poorly as my body allows. If I have the virus and I give it to you you have increased protection. 

You're still a transmission vector. 

What kind of threshold of data are you looking for before being satisfied the vaccine is ok to take?

22 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

You can still pass it on, some people like the elderly or vunerable who can't have the vaccine could catch it from you. 

Yes there is a risk they can still get it from someone who is vaccinated, but the more who have it then the less likely that is.

Edited by Paul ™

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're still a transmission vector. 

What kind of threshold of data are you looking for before being satisfied the vaccine is ok to take?

4 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

You can still pass it on, some people like the elderly or vunerable who can't have the vaccine could catch it from you. 

Yes there is a risk they can still get it from someone who is vaccinated, but the more who have it then the less likely that is.

Just like they could catch it from anyone who has had the vaccine too.