When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

When I got my rabies and whatever else jabs for Asia a couple of years ago, I was terrified as I hadn't had an injection for nearly 20 years. 

I'd built it up so much but was actually fine. That said it was in one of those private travel vaccination places so quite personal and chilled. Not sure how I'll be with a 2 minute slot conveyor belt...

Edited by efcfanwirral

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

@Toilet Duck I have a question...I assume that the other vaccines being worked on round the world will continue...but they will need to go through the mass testing for phase 2 or 3 or whatever. If there are other working vaccines being rolled out globally...does this not become an eithical issue...ask people not to be vaccinated with a current working vaccine but trial a new vaccine instead?

Actually, it'll most likely work out the other way around. The trials will be run in places where transmission is still high (likely to be those where mass vaccination has yet to occur). So, any trial will provide early access to a vaccine candidate (albeit an experimental one rather than a proven one). For those that are lower down on the priority list, it may actually be the best chance they have of getting vaccinated next year (though they could end up in the placebo arm of course!). The success of the early trials should actually help recruitment for the ongoing trials as people can see that the vaccines work. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are there any other vaccines looking likely to release results this year?

Given the rampant transmission in the US, J&J may actually hit their required number of events by the end of the year! (Pfizer went to unblind at just over 60 events, by the time they did it was actually over 90, a couple of weeks later when they were preparing their EUA submission to the FDA they had over 150!). 

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a good thing we dont have too many conspiracy theorists on here :) 

Do we have any, or any anti-vaxxers?

I skim read this thread so not sure if we do, but out here in Central Portugal we have absolutely loads (mostly immigrants) but a few locals too... I think the off-grid lifestyle attracts more here!

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Well it's in the Daily Hate/Daily Heil so I was a bit hesitant to post it but they seem confident and do have their sources after all.

Ta - Googled it and found this too:

It looks like good news

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/what-tier-will-london-be-in-lockdown-end-b77108.html

Edited by Homer

5 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Do we have any, or any anti-vaxxers?

I skim read this thread so not sure if we do, but out here in Central Portugal we have absolutely loads (mostly immigrants) but a few locals too... I think the off-grid lifestyle attracts more here!

I'm an anti-antivaxxer.

51 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

Yep, I'm one of those fainters! A combination of vaccine fainting in school, traumatic event in my 20s requiring hospitalisation and blood transfusion = now pretty much guaranteed to faint even getting blood taken lol. I have to take my own blood pressure at home as I get white coat syndrome at the doctor's office and it always reads high ffs, I'm a disaster! So yeah I'm fully prepared to be 'that' person that turns green and faints 😅

Yeah, my wife is the same. She's the only one in the family that hasn't had her flu shot this year, not because of any anti-vaccine sentiment, entirely due to anti-needle sentiment! 

3 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yeah, my wife is the same. She's the only one in the family that hasn't had her flu shot this year, not because of any anti-vaccine sentiment, entirely due to anti-needle sentiment! 

I'm fine with vaccines it's the giving blood which got me.

Fine for my first 2 goes then on my 3rd I'd done my bit and was in the "holding" area after.

Drinking my cuppa I gradually felt worse & worse. Next thing I know i've folded like a deck chair and within about 10 seconds i'm led on a bed in front of everyone with my legs up!

Walk of shame took on a new meaning when I eventually left to go home...

19 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Given the rampant transmission in the US, J&J may actually hit their required number of events by the end of the year! (Pfizer went to unblind at just over 60 events, by the time they did it was actually over 90, a couple of weeks later when they were preparing their EUA submission to the FDA they had over 150!). 

Yay for exponential growth??

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

LETS GO DOWN TO THE FOOTIE

50% capacity indoors prior to a vaccine is mental surely?

Though admittedly I can't think of anything it applies to other than Basketball (Hockey decided to skip the season) so it'll be fairly tiny numbers overall.