When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just got back from having my vaccine/placebo as part of the Novovax trial. All very well organised and easy. Medical with the doctor, Covid and blood test with the nurse, and then the jab, which was fine. Need to go back for a booster in three weeks and then blood tests every three months to check for antibodies. 

Obviously hope I've had the real thing!

22 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm spitting feathers, it's honestly ridiculous. The PMs adviser on ministerial standards has said she has broken ministerial code and has resigned, this cabinet has to be the worst in recent history. 

Ministers can break the law and bully it seems without losing their job, but if one of them insults the PMs fiancé then that’s it. What a joke. 

34 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Does that leave any room for Oxford to swoop in and get there's out beforehand or is that completely off the table? 

Honestly, I think Pfizer will be the first one distributed. Moderna and Oxford won't be far behind though. Should start to get signals of efficacy from some of the others (J&J/Novavax) early next year as well, with Merck and GSK/Sanofi bringing up the rear just in time to make sure everyone is covered coming into Autumn! (if safety is ok in these other vaccines, they all target the same thing so they should all work at this stage). Pfizer also don't think manufacturing is going to be an issue. The've just put €300m into their facilities in Ireland to shift production of other things around so they can churn out as much as we need (obviously not immediately!). 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

There's no need* to mention zionism

Clearly, we disagree about the Israel/Palestine situation.  However, we're now discussing it in terms of effective and just strategies, rather than good versus racist/antisemite.  I'll take that.

I originally mentioned Zionism with respect to the Jewish Labour Movement, whose members are the source of all the Labour antisemitism claims.  They're Zionists - affiliated to the Zionist Federation of the UK, and part of the World Zionist Organisation.  (Quoted from their website.)  They're opposed by left wing Labour groups and one notable Jewish intellectual opponent is Noam Chomsky.  I appreciate this reads like references to a thesis, but taking a left-wing position on the Israel/Palestine debate is now like wading through treacle: it's just a matter of when, not if, your argument is lazily dismissed as antisemitism.

10 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

It never used to be like *this* right? Right?! 

I’ve almost forgotten normal political times/rules even used to actually exist.

See my post above, any other time and she’d have gone for this. Apparently Boris tried to bury the report too, if that’s come out surely he should resign for that too!?

8 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

In fact it seems that everyone vulnerable could well be vaccinated by the end of Feb!

After being the one yesterday to insist that timescales like this should be possible - I feel the need to remind everyone of the same caveat that I put on yesterday and that the article makes - this is all dependent on supplies being available in sufficient quantities.

Just now, incident said:

After being the one yesterday to insist that timescales like this should be possible - I feel the need to remind everyone of the same caveat that I put on yesterday and that the article makes - this is all dependent on supplies being available in sufficient quantities.

We have 100 million oxford doses? If that works should be enough...