When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

The Tory guy on the BBC Newspaper preview just went off on one about how much Labour spent and how they contributed greatly to our debt etc. Conveniently forgot that they haven’t been in power for a decade...

Ah the classic line from the Tories, they've done this for generations. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Oxford news tomorrow? 👀👀

@Toilet Duck

According to the piece above it’s the immune response data from their phase 2. They’ve already reported some of it, also showed a good response in older participants. What’s written above doesn’t refer to the unblinding of the Phase 3 data, but it shouldn’t be long now! (Technically it could be tomorrow and the report above has the wrong end of the stick). 

This article on the BBC made for grim reading.  It feels to me like we've so far skated on the edges of how bad this could get and from the sound of El Paso there are some places that very soon are going to be experiencing situations that could be potentially destabilising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54966876

20 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Ian Browns response... pint at the cider bus for anyone who makes it past page one. 

Terms and conditions apply.

Wow. Absolutely riddled with bogus statements.

It's like a madman who started with a conclusion, and then scoured the internet finding any tidbits that might support that conclusion and without bothering to check any of them.

Edited by xxialac

17 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

He should have just stopped after the first paragraph really. 

On the other hand, if he’d managed to get the 5g stuff in there, I think he might have had a full house of all the crackpot theories associated with this virus! I’ve seen the Koch’s postulates thing a few places now, no idea how that one got propagated, but apart from the existence of asymptomatic infections, we have indeed fulfilled them with this virus (and yes, it has been isolated and grown in the lab...in fact, you can get it for free from the CDC!)...besides, there’s a bunch of infectious diseases that we know the cause for but can’t grow in the lab for one reason or another. Anyway, I shouldn’t really be taking this seriously...

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Wow. Absolutely riddled with bogus statements.

It's like a madman who started with a conclusion, and then scoured the internet finding any tidbits that might support that conclusion and without bothering to check any of them.

I know a fair few people with a leftie/environmentalist political background who have bought into a lot of this nonsense sadly.  The sad thing is that they tend to get cut out of the lives of people who just don't want to be badgered by some mad old bugger who hit the party medicines a bit heavy in the 90s and now believes in lizard people. When isolated like this I imagine they are only likely to sink further into the comfort of their beliefs.