When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The worrying thing is that not once in that article do they mention if this is the right course of action taking into account the virus. What happens if after those 5 days, cases rise then hospitals start to get full again? I’m sorry to go on but I’m asking myself if this is the best course of action. 

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, Ozanne said:

The worrying thing is that not once in that article do they mention if this is the right course of action taking into account the virus. What happens if after those 5 days, cases rise then hospitals start to get fill again? I’m sorry to go on but I’m asking myself if this is the best course of action. 

It probably isn't the right thing to do in terms of containing the virus...but that isn't all that is being taken into account...he has to think of those angry backbenchers.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

It probably isn't the right thing to do in terms of containing the virus...but that isn't all that is being taken into account...he has to think of those angry backbenchers.

Isn’t indoors, at winter with multiple people an ideal type scenario for a a virus to spread around? Especially with different ages of people as well. This is very risky.

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Manchester will be in Tier1 when come out of lockdown at this rate.

Forgot to mention, according to the MEN, the hospitals* in Stockport are now fuller than they were in the first wave. Tier 1 is some way off 🙁 

* I thought there was only one hospital in Stockport, maybe they meant Manchester as a whole, here's the article https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/stockport-now-lowest-coronavirus-infection-19291148

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Forgot to mention, according to the MEN, the hospitals* in Stockport are now fuller than they were in the first wave.

1) To be expected.  They’re always fuller in November than April. 

2) They’re offering far more services than they were during the first wave so naturally there will be more people using/needing the hospital(s) regardless of the time of year. 

2 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

1) To be expected.  They’re always fuller in November than April. 

2) They’re offering far more services than they were during the first wave so naturally there will be more people using/needing the hospital(s) regardless of the time of year. 

Good luck getting surgery when you're on the urgent list. They're full with COVID, they're not offering lots of normal services.

Not much about the Pfizer going forward yet on the major news outlet. Absolutely love the news that Dolly Parton contributed to the Moderna research though!

On another note, a friend of a friend is a frontline worker - and a compulsive liar (I’m pretty sure they have Munchausen’s Syndrome) - and is claiming they received a letter saying they have to isolate (due to their asthma) just after the current restrictions came in. I thought these letters were only sent out in the first lockdown..?

It’s a worry for them, their colleagues and their patients if they should have been shielding already. When they haven’t been working, they’ve been travelling around A LOT.

47 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Deliberately being vague.....Sad to announce the death of a young nurse and mother of Covid-19 😢

Their dedication to work needs to be remembered.

That really is awful news. Frontline healthcare staff have really paid a heavy toll during this pandemic, not just with their lives, but the trauma of having to deal with this day in, day out for so long. I know there’s always bad days in the hospital, but there’s usually good days too. Far too many of the bad days this year. Take care.

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Not much about the Pfizer going forward yet on the major news outlet. Absolutely love the news that Dolly Parton contributed to the Moderna research though!

On another note, a friend of a friend is a frontline worker - and a compulsive liar (I’m pretty sure they have Munchausen’s Syndrome) - and is claiming they received a letter saying they have to isolate (due to their asthma) just after the current restrictions came in. I thought these letters were only sent out in the first lockdown..?

It’s a worry for them, their colleagues and their patients if they should have been shielding already. When they haven’t been working, they’ve been travelling around A LOT.

It’s true that the clinically extremely vulnerable have had to isolate this time ..so those with a letter last time ... the vulnerable have not ... so depending on the level of asthma it might be the case ... one of my asmatic friends was in that category the first time ... however another was not even listed as vulnerable so carried on working ... 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s true that the clinically extremely vulnerable have had to isolate this time ..so those with a letter last time ... the vulnerable have not ... so depending on the level of asthma it might be the case ... one of my asmatic friends was in that category the first time ... however another was not even listed as vulnerable so carried on working ... 

Seems very odd for them to miss someone on the frontline first time around? (This person is also planning a ‘short holiday’ the weekend before Christmas...)

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Seems very odd for them to miss someone on the frontline first time around? (This person is also planning a ‘short holiday’ the weekend before Christmas...)

Some of the letters were recieved very late ... although I can’t speak for your friend totally and their circumstances ... it’s great that dolly was working overtime on the vaccine though ... not just 9-5 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Some of the letters were recieved very late ... although I can’t speak for your friend totally and their circumstances 

Been careful to say a friend of a friend. They’ve acted reckless throughout - countless travels across the country because they were ‘bored’...

Anyway, back on topic...

7 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

That really is awful news. Frontline healthcare staff have really paid a heavy toll during this pandemic, not just with their lives, but the trauma of having to deal with this day in, day out for so long. I know there’s always bad days in the hospital, but there’s usually good days too. Far too many of the bad days this year. Take care.

Witnessing a distinct change in tone within the NHS. During the first wave the NHS was very open on the effects of Covid on its day to day operations and staff. This time round it's adopted a more controlled information management approach presenting professional positivity. Above the water all is calm. Below, all are paddling like hell, tired and stressed.

10 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Witnessing a distinct change in tone within the NHS. During the first wave the NHS was very open on the effects of Covid on its day to day operations and staff. This time round it's adopted a more controlled information management approach presenting professional positivity. Above the water all is calm. Below, all are paddling like hell, tired and stressed.

Nightmare. This is political you think? Or to try and keep morale up? Try and not put people off using health services for non covid issues?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54973530

BMA, a trade union for UK doctors, has said robust measures to keep the virus under control must be in place before lockdown ends, including:

• giving local public health teams more of the oversight and budget of Test and Trace to ensure it is fit for purpose
  • replacing the rule of six, which allowed up to six people from different households to meet with a two-households rule to reduce social mixing
  • banning travel between different local lockdown tiers
  • replacing guidance with rules to ensure workplaces and public areas such as shops and pubs are Covid-secure
  • continuing to encourage people who can to work from home

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54973530

BMA, a trade union for UK doctors, has said robust measures to keep the virus under control must be in place before lockdown ends, including:

• giving local public health teams more of the oversight and budget of Test and Trace to ensure it is fit for purpose
  • replacing the rule of six, which allowed up to six people from different households to meet with a two-households rule to reduce social mixing
  • banning travel between different local lockdown tiers
  • replacing guidance with rules to ensure workplaces and public areas such as shops and pubs are Covid-secure
  • continuing to encourage people who can to work from home

Those seem like sensible suggestions. 

I’ve got a close friend whose working 14 hour days in ICU on the front line. 

She also has diabetes and an has insulin pump to keep her sugar levels regulated. She should really be in the shielding category but instead she’s right in the thick of it caring for those who have been hit the hardest. 

Just to add to it, she’s South American so one of those “immigrunts” that brexiteers don’t think should be in this country. 

Nurses should be getting free drinks for life for the work they’re doing right now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4