When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

In order to find news about the vaccine, I trawl Twitter and have to endure people who wear their it stupidity like a badge. They've grabbed a shitty stick by the wrong end and are waving around proudly saying "look at all the shit on the end of this stick!" , not realising they're now covered in shit:

Seriously though, I've read this tweet and the discussion several times and have no idea how they conclude "shows there is no need for a vaccine"

Arrogant, idiotic pricks.

And don't get me started on those who think a 90% effective vaccine means you have worse outcomes with the vaccine than the 99.5% chance without it. Don't these idiots stop and think "hang on, that doesn't make sense, maybe I'm misreading the data?"

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In order to find news about the vaccine, I trawl Twitter and have to endure people who wear their it stupidity like a badge. They've grabbed a shitty stick by the wrong end and are waving around proudly saying "look at all the shit on the end of this stick!" , not realising they're now covered in shit:

Seriously though, I've read this tweet and the discussion several times and have no idea how they conclude "shows there is no need for a vaccine"

And don't get me started on those who think a 90% effective vaccine means you have worse outcomes with the vaccine than the 99.5% chance without it. Don't these idiots stop and think "hang on, that doesn't make sense, maybe I'm misreading the data?"

Holy shit, I just looked at the quote tweets, expecting to see lots of people taking the piss, instead there are loads of people agreeing and saying how it shows how useless the vaccine is.

Jesus wept, I really don't understand what they think it's telling them - do they all think it's a rigged challenge trial or something?

Forgive me, but I am going to visit my Mum tomorrow before she gets put into full lockdown.  She's just south of Glasgow and I'm in Edinburgh.

I think she needs me and i need to see her. She had a fall recently and is still in pain and her little dog is poorly.   I can't bear not seeing her.   it's my birthday next Monday and it's a milestone one, so we are both struggling emotionally

😢

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

Forgive me, but I am going to visit my Mum tomorrow before she gets put into full lockdown.  She's just south of Glasgow and I'm in Edinburgh.

I think she needs me and i need to see her. She had a fall recently and is still in pain and her little dog is poorly.   I can't bear not seeing her.   it's my birthday next Monday and it's a milestone one, so we are both struggling emotionally

😢

No one will judge you here, you need to do what's best for you and your family! 

6 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

😢

Have a Charles and remember that caring for a vulnerable person is exempted from the rules. I consider that to include the mentally vulnerable.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lizzim said:

😢

Just do the visit, no matter what tier you are in visiting or caring for  a vulnerable adult is ok.  The areas you are talking about although different councils are in the same tier. Mrs c is a home carer, you situation is currently extremely common. Many elderly or vulnerable people are confused and lonely. Also their closest relatives are anxious and worried about them.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Jesus wept, I really don't understand what they think it's telling them - do they all think it's a rigged challenge trial or something?

I wouldn’t be even giving them that much credit. They would have no idea what a challenge trial even is. I think the logic is “If it’s not 100% effective than what’s the point”. 

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Rarely

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

20201116_211727.jpg

Really important move this - should have been done from the start but better late than never. 

By recording cases against a definitive address source e.g. where the person lives the cases filter through to the local track and trace correctly. 

In additional all this data that passes through various agencies are working against a common (and freely avalaible to the entire public sector), spatially referenced identifier so outbreaks can be mapped at a property level, people matching can be made easier. Thinks like food deliveries from local authority will already know if the household should be isolating due to a positive case.

The power of GI and Definitive data - nothing like it to get the juices flowing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Useless Dowden is talking about getting fans back into football stadiums later today. Could give an indication of when gigs and festivals will happen again?

Karen Brady just been on the Beeb and suggested football hoping get fans back in with social distancing, one-way systèms, no bars, no food etc from March if situation allows. Doesn't provide much appeal.

8 hours ago, Lizzim said:

😢

I hope you and your Mum will be ok. If she needs you then definitely go and see her. I’d you need to talk there are people here as well!

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

A few people on social media who work in the NHS are saying that they've been told by their employers to expect to be vaccinated in the first week of Dec. 

Who knows if its true of course, but fingers crossed!

We've not been told anything. Robert Jenrick was on the Beeb this morning saying government hopes vaccine will be available by end of year.

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

A few people on social media who work in the NHS are saying that they've been told by their employers to expect to be vaccinated in the first week of Dec. 

If true I assume that's with the Pfizer vaccine?

Unless the Oxford one really will be announcing results during the next week or so and can then get regulatory approval by the end of Nov? 

Due to the oxford vaccines ease in storage and distribution in comparison to the Pfizer one I assume it can be "out in the field" quicker?

17 minutes ago, Lycra said:

We've not been told anything. Robert Jenrick was on the Beeb this morning saying government hopes vaccine will be available by end of year.

To be fair we can’t take anything Jenrick says as gospel anyway, he’s a chronic liar who’s just out for himself and his mates. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

My friends wife has been given a date for hers in December.