When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but how long does immunity last?

Well considering last i read there was only 7 confirmed cases of re-infection in the whole of europe I'm guessing long enough? There was a lot of talk around anti bodies which is all well and good, but its t cells that are the most important apparently.

All info has to be taken with some scepticism though I guess its still in flux 

31 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is it possible we'll hear of both the trial results and it being granted regulatory approval at the same time?

I think i've read that they are reviewing the safety data in a rolling manor which makes that potentially possible?

the companies arent doing that: they will reveal the trial results first to boost stock/get more orders

South Australia absolutely having a meltdown over 18 cases just shows how different life is in a “zero covid” environment. It’s easy to say with hindsight but I wish we’d just eliminated it in the summer when we had the chance. The upside is you can basically have full normality. Downside is you need to lockdown hard and fast when cases do emerge. 

This is a quote from a Daily Mail article but:

Government sources claim safety and efficacy data from Oxford and AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine — another one of the jabs the UK has bought — is on track to be published later this week.

Sounds promising for news this week!

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is incredible, the best bit is that Piers isn’t shouting. He’s very calm and listing off nearly all of the governments failures. 

There is a several second delay to Piers speaking and Matt hearing it so him nodding isn't to the same words Piers is saying.

Edited by Paul ™

Just now, Paul ™ said:

There is a several second delay to Piers speaking and Matt hearing it so him nodding isn't to the same words Pier is saying.

Oh yeah I meant it’s incredible in general, I didn’t really mean about the nodding bit. It’s more about what Piers is saying and how he’s saying it for me.