When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

it's for sentimental old farts like me.

Actually I don't usually listen to it but put it on to see what a yawnfest Starmer was and actually found it quite moving when he was talking about his parents and stuff. Didn't listen to all of it though.

What’s his music choices ? I can’t stand it ... I used to remember my folks listening to it on car journeys and hating it then ... 

I'm not optimistic about us coming out of lockdown on Dec. 2nd at all. 

Again like everyone on here predicted, the south is starting to catch up with the north, even if the north's rates have been slowing, We'll make up for it down here. 

My area after seemingly stagnating around 60 - 100 has now start rising everywhere. The virus will spread even with lockdown because;

A. School are still open. 
B. A lot more unessential businesses that closed last time, have decided they are essential this time. - Hardware stores, Greggs, etc. It's maddening. 
C. Less compliance/ less worry about minor breaking the rules.
D. Businesses not complying with lockdown rules. My friend works at Morrisons and his Boss was told by the big manager not to isolate even though his wife got a track and trace message. - This is surely happening all over. 
E. We have gone into lockdown with high number that were made even higher by the 5 day dash between the leak and lockdown starting. 

The only way I see us coming out of lockdown, is if there's a miracle drop in cases or if Boris just does it anyway and then we'' be really fucked

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Been listening to Starmer on desert island discs...it's actually pretty good.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

What’s his music choices ? I can’t stand it ... I used to remember my folks listening to it on car journeys and hating it then ... 

Absolutely pathetically political choices. So transparent.

What does a man who wants to appeal to red wall voters and disaffected urban progressives?

A football song, a northern soul track, a stormzy track (apparently completely unironically from a former director of prosecutions), and the grenfell charity song 🙄🙄🙄🙄

7 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

What does a man who wants to appeal to red wall voters and disaffected urban progressives?

A football song, a northern soul track, a stormzy track (apparently completely unironically from a former director of prosecutions), and the grenfell charity song 🙄🙄🙄🙄

you're just bitter cause Corbyn never got to go on it.

11 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

he didn't pick a stormzy track...stormzy was on that grenfell song, that's all.

He picked two Beethoven tracks, what a c**t.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

he didn't pick a stormzy track...stormzy was on that grenfell song, that's all.

He picked two Beethoven tracks, what a c**t.

I just prefer more authenticity and honesty in a politician. If he’d picked 8 beethoven tracks that’d be just fine. Looks like we’re back to politics run by businessmen, labour party as a brand, blairite BS. Can’t wait to see you all defending starmer when he’s photographed having dinner with murdoch in the build up to the next GE.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

I just prefer more authenticity and honesty in a politician. If he’d picked 8 beethoven tracks that’d be just fine. Looks like we’re back to politics run by businessmen, labour party as a brand, blairite BS. Can’t wait to see you all defending starmer when he’s photographed having dinner with murdoch in the build up to the next GE.

and he picked Orange Juice. w*nker.

6 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

hopefully he will stick to the rule of 6 at any dinner party.

More evidence that whilst lockdown helps, it's tier 3 that really makes the difference. Lots of graphs:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/charts-show-how-covid-19-19279048

Except in Rochdale, it seems like tier 3 didn't bring the cases down, and it's not clear yet if lockdown is doing the job. Hopefully the next 2-3 days will start to show a dropoff.

Edit: which is good news for Christmas.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

13 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I still want him to beat the tories in the next election, but the way the BBC shamelessly exhaults any centrist, be they of the tories or Labour or libdems is beyond a joke- they literally don't need to do anything other than have no ideas for tackling any major issue, give a half sob story about a difficulty they've endured in their life or some of name calling directed at them (classed as terrible abuse), and talk about being sensible and grown up and reaching out across political divides (except to leftwing people who must be destroyed), and they're heralded as the new jesus. Last few years have proved Chomsky absolutely correct.