When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

59 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Looks like PPE clogging up the ports, this going to be fun when we hit the 1st Jan :( 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/nov/14/shops-warn-of-christmas-stock-shortages-as-ppe-shipments-clog-key-uk-port

Hmmm this could definitely be used by the government to blame covid for what happens in January - "look you had shortages at Christmas during the transition period how is this our fault?" 

I didn't think I could hate these c**ts more, but having just read where Carrie Symonds' nickname came from, turns out I can. 

Princess, cos she's high maintenance, nut, cos she's crazy and nuts cos she supposedly looks a bit like a squirrel. That's it. Fucking pathetic. It doesn't work and is about as funny as, well, Covid 19. Utter dogshit. From the biggest and bestest geniuses ever. Weirdos, misfits and shit at jokes. This is why there aren't any right wing comedians on TV.  Because they're shite

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I didn't think I could hate these c**ts more, but having just read where Carrie Symonds' nickname came from, turns out I can. 

Princess, cos she's high maintenance, nut, cos she's crazy and nuts cos she supposedly looks a bit like a squirrel. That's it. Fucking pathetic. It doesn't work and is about as funny as, well, Covid 19. Utter dogshit. From the biggest and bestest geniuses ever. Weirdos, misfits and shit at jokes. This is why there aren't any right wing comedians on TV.  Because they're shite

I know we're being governed by adolescents Jesus :(

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

South West now doing its best impression of Wuhan in today’s figures 

Yup, hearing anecedotal evidence of big spike in the SW.

Daughter #2 now getting tested and self isolating for 14 days after her work had 50% no show of employees yesterday, that's in Cornwall BTW. A couple of close friends that live locally to me in Somerset also tested positive in the last couple of days and constantly hearing of other friends or friends of friends having to go for tests. 

I honestly thought that we'd escaped the worst of it but it looks like we're catching up and are going to have to be very careful.

On a positive note the local road traffic is hugely reduced compared with a couple of weeks ago so hopefully the lockdown is working to a certain extent.

I'd normally be flat out with work at this time of the year but am sitting on my hands waiting for the lockdown to end. Next few weeks is the busiest time of year for me but luckily I don't need much income to survive. 

My girlfriend's friend has covid- seems like a moderate case but not yet hospital territory, and apparently test and trace are expecting to speak to her for 20 minutes each day to make sure she's isolating. Apparently that helps to work out what she's been doing (presumably trying to catch her in a lie, which won't happen because she can't get out of bed) 

She basically told them where to shove their 20 minute chat the other day as she felt so ill, and they said they'd have to note down that she was "being uncooperative", as if that would mean something

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

My girlfriend's friend has covid- seems like a moderate case but not yet hospital territory, and apparently test and trace are expecting to speak to her for 20 minutes each day to make sure she's isolating. Apparently that helps to work out what she's been doing (presumably trying to catch her in a lie, which won't happen because she can't get out of bed) 

She basically told them where to shove their 20 minute chat the other day as she felt so ill, and they said they'd have to note down that she was "being uncooperative", as if that would mean something

How on earth does it take 20 minutes to call someone up and ask them if they’re still isolating? Assuming that they are then it should literally take less than a minute.

Contact tracer: “Hi, it’s Dave from NHS Test & Trace. Just ringing to check you’re still isolating”

Covid patient: “Hi Dave, yes still good over here. Been watching a lot of TV, having zoom catch ups and w*nking until I’m blue in the face. My mum left some shopping on my doorstep. 6 days left to go”

*End of phone call*

23 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

How on earth does it take 20 minutes to call someone up and ask them if they’re still isolating? Assuming that they are then it should literally take less than a minute.

Contact tracer: “Hi, it’s Dave from NHS Test & Trace. Just ringing to check you’re still isolating”

Covid patient: “Hi Dave, yes still good over here. Been watching a lot of TV, having zoom catch ups and w*nking until I’m blue in the face. My mum left some shopping on my doorstep. 6 days left to go”

*End of phone call*

I know its ridiculous- hers is even less interesting than that "lying in bed, fever, coughing, can't sleep". 

They must be bored, that's all I can think. Which is crazy in itself- like you say you could cover 10+ people in 20 minutes...

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Sounds like harassment to me! I'd threaten them with legal action, reckon they'd soon end the conversation!