When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Backlog or the Liverpool mass tests coming through?

70,000.00 more tests than yesterday

The testing figure of 377,608 is for yesterday 11/11.  Testing numbers for today won't be available until tomorrow but I think this jump in cases is a backlog.....cases by specimen date show an increase on Weds this week to 27,083, which are likely being reflected in todays cases by reported date.

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Obviously still early doors but wouldn’t surprise me if flu’s lower than most years- masks and distancing would surely put the brakes on flu too.

Also more people being vaccinated this year than ever before. I have my first ever flu jab this Saturday.

Ok.....so based upon the fact that Tests occur before Case results I've made the bold assumption that % Positivity would be more accurate by referencing the 2 sets of data 24 hours apart eg using a ratio of todays Cases/yesterday's Tests.  It's not perfect as Case results from a single days Tests can come in over a spread of 1-5 days but doing it this way should at least give a broad sense of the Positivity rate, and will enable a ratio of today's large Case numbers to yesterday's Tests to be shown.  As below therefore....and overall trend still appears to be (just) on the downward slope.

Screenshot_20201112-182438_Sheets.jpg

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

This sounds like tricky legal ground as will be discrimination against beliefs for a start and right to chose

I'll be 1st in line for a vaccine once folks who really need it have it, but I'm not expected to be a priority as someone in their 40s, so how the heck are they gonna implement this like in the next 2 years it will be impossible???

10 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

This sounds like tricky legal ground as will be discrimination against beliefs for a start and right to chose

I'll be 1st in line for a vaccine once folks who really need it have it, but I'm not expected to be a priority as someone in their 40s, so how the heck are they gonna implement this like in the next 2 years it will be impossible???

It definitely wouldn't be a thing whilst it wasn't generally available.

However when it comes down to a decision between the right to health (and life) Vs the right to hold a belief, the health rights usually win out.

• Like 1