When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

40 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

As far as I understand they have simplified it a lot this year as long as you have wfh at any point this year you can claim the tax relief . I did it few weeks ago was agreed straight off got confirmation of new tax code couple of weeks later 

Yeah I saw that. Have to wait until I do my next tax return as am on self assessment.

But as I say I don't mind paying more tax really, just don't understand how they would know who was and who wasn't WFH.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, august1 said:

Liverpool mass testing has produced around 250 cases not 10,000...

That's interesting to know, thanks.

Here's the full figures for today without an update for deaths as there's a further delay. I would think that the rise in cases is partly due to the increased testing. It was the same last week testing fell by 60k and case numbers did. That's not to say we shouldn't be concerned but a possible explanation.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 16.46.43.png

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

LeTs FOllOw SwEDen 

Sweden 30th August...48 cases, 10th November...4562 cases

Ireland 30th August...40 cases..(lockdown 21st October)...10th November...230 cases (more people being discharged from hospital than being admitted)

Herd immunity you say? (*not you obviously, you are making the same point as me!). 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

The (always) cynical part of me does wonder if this is a bit further advanced than we know about, and that we're being drip fed news that could indicate this going on longer than we'd hoped...

More likely that RTE are rehashing a week old story for a few more clicks! Still very early days to know whether this means anything. The data that was out when the story broke didn't suggest the mutation made the virus resistant to neutralising antibodies, just reduced it a bit. If we have 90% effective vaccines and they get reduced to 70% effective, that still works. Can adapt the vaccine too. Though if COVID killed the fur trade, it would be an unexpected silver lining! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Sweden 30th August...48 cases, 10th November...4562 cases

Ireland 30th August...40 cases..(lockdown 21st October)...10th November...230 cases (more people being discharged from hospital than being admitted)

Herd immunity you say? (*not you obviously, you are making the same point as me!). 

I kind of found it a bit annoying how that Tegnell guy was obviously enjoying his bit of fame with all this, the poster boy of the anti lockdown libertarian crew, going round the world doing interviews, milking it...