When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Yes yes, sunak or patel are probably the bookies favourites in the event of a vote of no confidence. Gove would be fairly far down the pack.

Gove and cummings will always be outsiders/loners because in the end politics is a personality contest and they are just not likeable. They’re odd and awkward and will only get a sniff at power by latching onto a popular buffoon like Johnson. Once that’s done, they’re done.

yeah...patel....shudder. I can actually see this happening.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It doesn’t look like Patel is a favourite according to the bookies. This is from oddschecker:

BF437543-5E92-48D8-9C7F-32E0086CEEDA.jpeg

She has no chance as her rivals will just leak the results of the enquiry into her bullying allegations 

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

She has no chance as her rivals will just leak the results of the enquiry into her bullying allegations 

Unless she got lucky like Theresa May did when everyone else pulled out but yeah I agree that report would get leaked and it’s game over. 

33 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It doesn’t look like Patel is a favourite according to the bookies. This is from oddschecker:

BF437543-5E92-48D8-9C7F-32E0086CEEDA.jpeg

Sunak easily for me after watching all the briefings. For me the one Tory who has come out of this with some credit. It helps that he’s throwing money around and we’ll see how well he handles paying for all this when we are out the other side but on camera he comes across like he actually knows what he’s talking about. 

32 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

It must be late at night, but I now have a weird version of Meat Loaf's Paradise By The Dashboard Light. Carrie saying "what's it gonna be boy, yes or no. Boris libido dictating that Cain would have to resign. 

I heard that he was trying his best to sleep on it and then wanted to give an answer in the morning but was concerned about getting cold and lonely.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Sunak easily for me after watching all the briefings. For me the one Tory who has come out of this with some credit. It helps that he’s throwing money around and we’ll see how well he handles paying for all this when we are out the other side but on camera he comes across like he actually knows what he’s talking about. 

Although he has majorly fucked up the second wave. I personality blame him as much as Johnson for the deaths going on at the moment and the inability to get urgent surgery in Manchester.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although he has majorly fucked up the second wave. I personality blame him as much as Johnson for the deaths going on at the moment and the inability to get urgent surgery in Manchester.

Expand upon why?  Is this the lack of support to Manchester when they were put in lockdown? If so it’s a fair point and my argument is largely based on the initial response.

1 minute ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Expand upon why?  Is this the lack of support to Manchester when they were put in lockdown? If so it’s a fair point and my argument is largely based on the initial response.

Yes. And the refusal to admit that furlough needed to be extended and general pushback on the firebreak seems to be the main reason we didn't act fast enough the second time when there was much less of an excuse than first time around.

9 hours ago, Copperface said:

I got a briefing sent through a few weeks ago stating that 1 in 5 councils may have to issue 114s in the next few months.

Nightmare scenario.

**Edit** found it:

Our research found one in five (19%) Chief Executives predict their council will have to issue a Section 114 notice by the end of next financial year. A further 16% expect they will join them in issuing s114 notices the following year if no further financial support from the Government is forthcoming. 

other councils might be in trouble cos of covid, but Croydon has been a fuck-up of its own making - well covered over many months by Private Eye.

I'm pretty confident Gove will be next leader. Think that's been the long term plan for a while. Let the current clown take the hit for Brexit. Sunak is just another centrist flavour of the month, Rory Stewart will a larger brief. Agree with @stuartbert two hatsthat his popularity has taken a hit (rightly so) for the reasons mentioned above, would also suggest he'll carry a large portion of the blame for the 'eat out to help out' fiasco. Plus he's ridiculously small.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm pretty confident Gove will be next leader. Think that's been the long term plan for a while. Let the current clown take the hit for Brexit. Sunak is just another centrist flavour of the month, Rory Stewart will a larger brief. Agree with @stuartbert two hatsthat his popularity has taken a hit (rightly so) for the reasons mentioned above, would also suggest he'll carry a large portion of the blame for the 'eat out to help out' fiasco. Plus he's ridiculously small.

Gove can't clap or drink water like a human being. Worse than Ed Miliband and that bacon sandwich.

Admittedly it’s based on some old data but https://yougov.co.uk/ratings/politics/popularity/conservative-politicians/all

Some evidence for Gove being less popular than basically anybody you could expect to be in a leadership race.

He could only win if any of those people didn’t stand or were not nominated to the final two by Tory MPs and if the one who was nominated was somehow even less popular.

In other news: Corbyn sacking effect crystallising in the polls. Silly old Starmer.

1F238623-758E-4928-A446-0D97C19BB898.jpeg