When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I got a briefing sent through a few weeks ago stating that 1 in 5 councils may have to issue 114s in the next few months.

Nightmare scenario.

**Edit** found it:

Our research found one in five (19%) Chief Executives predict their council will have to issue a Section 114 notice by the end of next financial year. A further 16% expect they will join them in issuing s114 notices the following year if no further financial support from the Government is forthcoming. 

Edited by Copperface

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Surely Cummings has to go...he can't make threats like that and get away with it.

Or can he?

I think people tend to resign with no warning, if you’re threatening to resign then the odds of you actually going through with it are lowered (unless BJ makes no effort to placate him, which he will)

The one thing that Boris has is good political antenna, I wonder if he is seeing the the wind of change from over the Atlantic and realises that he needs a deal with Europe, to achieve this he needs to cut adrift a few people who will block him achieving this. Rumour is that Frost is also unhappy with events.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

The one thing that Boris has is good political antenna, I wonder if he is seeing the the wind of change from over the Atlantic and realises that he needs a deal with Europe, to achieve this he needs to cut adrift a few people who will block him achieving this. Rumour is that Frost is also unhappy with events.

Nah Boris is dumb, he can’t lead or organise anything. This shows turmoil if anything. 

24 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I got a briefing sent through a few weeks ago stating that 1 in 5 councils may have to issue 114s in the next few months.

Nightmare scenario.

**Edit** found it:

Our research found one in five (19%) Chief Executives predict their council will have to issue a Section 114 notice by the end of next financial year. A further 16% expect they will join them in issuing s114 notices the following year if no further financial support from the Government is forthcoming. 

Really bad news for those working at local authorities and really bad news for people living in these areas - especially those who has LA services.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think people tend to resign with no warning, if you’re threatening to resign then the odds of you actually going through with it are lowered (unless BJ makes no effort to placate him, which he will)

What line of work are you in, out of interest? At pretty much every business I’ve ever worked at people regularly use resignation threats to leverage pay rises, promotions, more interesting tasks etc. It’s very normal.