When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

20 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The brexiters will be furious when they realise that could actually mean MORE brown faces in their town...

Watching a Frankie Boyle routine "Brexiteers; people who want to leave Europe because they don’t like Pakistanis"

Still early days but I don't think the mass testing in Liverpool is working. After the initial rush to get tested when it first opened, numbers seem low and only 0.6% testing positive.  The demographic coming forward for the test seem to be people who are following the rules and having less contacts so less virus. Its not reaching the people who are spreading it around and stopping them.

9 minutes ago, august1 said:

Still early days but I don't think the mass testing in Liverpool is working. After the initial rush to get tested when it first opened, numbers seem low and only 0.6% testing positive.  The demographic coming forward for the test seem to be people who are following the rules and having less contacts so less virus. Its not reaching the people who are spreading it around and stopping them.

massively  trying to sell it tonight ....  pm briefing , and a programme about testing I just missed on bbc 1 

27 minutes ago, august1 said:

looking at cases though a drop from 700 cases per 100,000 to 300 cases per 100,000 is definitely a great sign up there .... and thats before things have gone full lockdown and  those tests have started ... so positive signs hopefully they can get more and more to do these and you can be singing on the KOP before long .... 

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble:

Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perfect drinking weather.

There’s already been tears at Mik Artistik, he’d mocked the crowd for being soft, thrown a few straws around and even he got choked up himself during Sweet Leaf of the North.

The sun begins to set, the lights around the site start to come on and everyone is the right side of drunk.

There’s a slight nip in the air but you’ve convinced yourself that you don’t need to add an extra layer yet because you “won’t feel the benefit”

Then you hear a muffled noise in the distance which gets gradually closer. That cheer spreads across the site. You know the one.

Your home. We’re all home. And you know the fun has only just begun. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 21

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

There’s already been tears at Mik Artistik, he’d mocked the crowd for being soft, thrown a few straws around and even he got choked up himself during Sweet Leaf of the North.

I reckon there'll be a very violently happy mosh pit when he drops Plastic Fox!

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Then you hear a muffled noise in the distance which gets gradually closer. That cheer spreads across the site. You know the one.

For me there would be excitement on the travel down settling in to the stress of joining the queue and focusing on getting the right campsite pitch. There wouldn't be tears.

A full day of gleefully having the first ciders, seeing the pyramid stage exploring the areas still putting on the final touches. No tears.

Dusk turns to evening and the fireworks light up the burning bonfires. Then there would be tears.

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

For me there would be excitement on the travel down settling in to the stress of joining the queue and focusing on getting the right campsite pitch. There wouldn't be tears.

A full day of gleefully having the first ciders, seeing the pyramid stage exploring the areas still putting on the final touches. No tears.

Dusk turns to evening and the fireworks light up the burning bonfires. Then there would be tears.

There's going to be so much crying, it will be enough to keep the dust down!

• Upvote 3