When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

They just said on politics live that we’ve got 30 million doses ordered and you need 2 jabs so that means 15m people can get vaccinated straight up. There’s 12.5m people in the governments ‘vulnerable’ category so we have enough to vaccinate them and then some. 

Key workers (NHS staff especially) should be top of the list too. 30m will certainly make a huge dent.

This all sounds good anyway- I reckon similar summer 2021 (can meet up with people, still need to distance though but with a lot of socially distanced events) as we work out where we are, see how next winter goes and back to full normal for 2022? 

Probably less foreign travel for us young ones than 2020 though with introduction of vaccine passports

Definitely on a road in the right direction though 

Don't forget that there's still 3 other vaccine candidates (and that's ignoring the Russian / Chinese ones) that we should have some solid results for in the next few weeks, so there may well (and hopefully will) be more than one vaccine being rolled out early next year especially if supply of the Pfizer one is limited.

It could be for example that people in the highest risk categories get the most effective one, and others are offered something different.

4 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Key workers (NHS staff especially) should be top of the list too. 30m will certainly make a huge dent.

UK population is 66.5 million, so that would be a quarter immunised. Not including the ones already infected. Plus, you could give the oxford vaccine for the young population potentially.

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This all sounds good anyway- I reckon similar summer 2021 (can meet up with people, still need to distance though but with a lot of socially distanced events) as we work out where we are, see how next winter goes and back to full normal for 2022? 

Probably less foreign travel for us young ones than 2020 though with introduction of vaccine passports

Definitely on a road in the right direction though 

Nah, zero chance the govt ( and people) will go along with social distancing past March now ( if even then)

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Nah, zero chance the govt ( and people) will go along with social distancing past March now ( if even then)

Zero?  If there's still significant virus in the community in April, I for one will continue to take measures to reduce the spread of the disease, especially if the vaccine hasn't got round to the family I have who are at risk.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

100%, I’m not sure if that 12.5m includes NHS workers or not as they could be classified as vulnerable given they are the ones caring for Covid patients, but it wasn’t made clear from what they said on Politics Live

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't forget that there's still 3 other vaccine candidates (and that's ignoring the Russian / Chinese ones) that we should have some solid results for in the next few weeks, so there may well (and hopefully will) be more than one vaccine being rolled out early next year especially if supply of the Pfizer one is limited.

It could be for example that people in the highest risk categories get the most effective one, and others are offered something different.

I think that’s the fairest way forward. Make sure those that are vulnerable and on the front lines get full access to the most effective then look at the rest of population.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Zero?  If there's still significant virus in the community in April, I for one will continue to take measures to reduce the spread of the disease, especially if the vaccine hasn't got round to the family I have who are at risk.

i dont mean individuals. I mean society/economic needs overall will stop social distancing asa

Just now, ShakeyCrash said:

And dare I say credit to the government for backing this as one of their horses.  Let's see how this pans out but 90% is way higher than I was dreaming for an early vaccine (I was thinking 50-60%)

Agreed, much as I despise them, credit where credits due