When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mum-hits-out-pupils-told-19233848

Complaints about cold- exactly what I expected to happen with this ventilation thing. Just leave the windows closed and spread the virus then 

ha ha that reminds me .... on my 8th attempt I finally got my store manager to open the windows and get some ventilation  in our changing rooms today no doubt tomorrow they will have been shut by someone  .... Success :) 

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Let us know what's happening with it - what type of test you get etc 

2 hours ago, mikegday said:

Standard swab test for us. But my closest test centre is in St. Helens, we work in Liverpool. You must only get the new tests if you choose one of the new test centres in Liverpool. There doesn’t seem to be a distinction between the centres, something they probably should put in.

I went to Wavertree. New test centre. Got standard PCR swab. That was in a car. Walk in people got new test.

13 minutes ago, Superscally said:

First asymptomatic scouser on here to get a positive test gets a free ticket to Glasto for services to festivalling.

Anyone going for a test who has no reason to, I.E. no symptoms, is a moron, and is actually helping to prevent any festivals from happening.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

6 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Anyone going for a test who has no reason to, I.E. no symptoms, is a moron, and is actually helping to prevent any festivals from happening.

Liverpool are doing a trial where they are trying to test everyone regardless of symptoms. 

Slovakia did a similar one recently where they tested their whole country. 

7 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Yay is our favourite troll back ? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John Galt said:

Such a ridiculous mindset. I'll be going for a test tomorrow, with no symptoms, and fairly confident I dont have the virus due to how cautious I am. This is an opportunity to improve understanding on how we can better understand infection rates (and hopefully the virus itself, though I have no credentials to back that up). 

And as a long time lurker on this thread, just want to shout out to Toilet Duck for providing an objective, informed analysis throughout all of this - its really helped me!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, John Galt said:

Sorry Guys, I started posted this under my usual username, realised I wasn't logged in so made a "joke" account rather than doing so, suffice to say I have had a drink or two.. Apologies to Superscally. I don't usually insult people, that's one I borrowed off Neil! (old timers might remember). Night all.

• Like 1

What I’m struggling to comprehend today is a lot of people I know are complaining about lockdown, but yet mixing households and breaking the law.

The people breaking the law are the ones who are going to get lockdown extended for all of us and cause a rise in the numbers, so I just find it that these types of people are so hypocritical and they are the ones complaining about bars and restaurants being closed. Is it just me, I find some people are really starting to act very selfishly...

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

What I’m struggling to comprehend today is a lot of people I know are complaining about lockdown, but yet mixing households and breaking the law.

The people breaking the law are the ones who are going to get lockdown extended for all of us and cause a rise in the numbers, so I just find it that these types of people are so hypocritical and they are the ones complaining about bars and restaurants being closed. Is it just me, I find some people are really starting to act very selfishly...

It is tough but all you can do is make sure you are following the rules and keeping you and your loved ones safe. 

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

If it bothers you that much report them - channels exist for this. 

32 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

Seeing separate photos of my sisters in Australia in crowded bars and not a mask in sight is making me think how are things so different over there? One is in Perth and the other Queensland.

Because their borders are shut, internal state borders too. As an Australian I can say Australians are used to much stricter enforcement of rules/regulations even without a pandemic. We are two completely different countries. British government’s apply a much more liberal style of control, not the best when you’re dealing with a virus that requires tight controls. But then Brits have more ‘freedom’ in normal times. We can’t have it both ways unfortunately.

Edited by mikegday

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ha ha that reminds me .... on my 8th attempt I finally got my store manager to open the windows and get some ventilation  in our changing rooms today no doubt tomorrow they will have been shut by someone  .... Success :) 

Same issue for me. Work in office where we all have to wear masks and told to constantly hand wash, but there is no ventilation other than when someone opens the front door, which doesn't even connect directly to the room we sit in... 

They have completely closed the border with Denmark now, not just a two week isolation. For British residents who do return from Denmark, their entire household needs to isolate for two weeks (not just those who’d been to Denmark like with the other travel corridors)

UK acting fast to prevent this new mink coronavirus getting in. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

It's always good to see more green down arrows that  red up, though objectively much greater progress is needed. From little acorns.

I wasn't really expecting to see much progress until three weeks had passed, so seeing this during week two makes me cautiously optimistic. I'm still very nervous that it's all a little two late to stop the hospitals from filling up though. Hopefully we'll squeak it.

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if he even-suggested that was on the cards it's probably enough to turn the votes so he loses. ;) 

But anyway, there's zero mileage in a coalition for Labour to get a majority, because as soon as they give the SNP what they want Labour no longer has a majority. 

Usually the case but with the estimated seat figures posted it wouldn’t be.