When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Voting intention is obviously the most important question , but he's actually right to point out the importance of leading in the 'who would make the best PM' polling too.

Oh yeah it definitely is an important question, just saying that VI is the most important.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Seat projection, wonder if Starmer would do a coalition with the SNP 

if he even-suggested that was on the cards it's probably enough to turn the votes so he loses. ;) 

But anyway, there's zero mileage in a coalition for Labour to get a majority, because as soon as they give the SNP what they want Labour no longer has a majority. 

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if he even-suggested that was on the cards it's probably enough to turn the votes so he loses. ;) 

But anyway, there's zero mileage in a coalition for Labour to get a majority, because as soon as they give the SNP what they want Labour no longer has a majority. 

I was thinking they could offer a referendum, but with the condition that if approved, Scotland doesn’t officially become independent until 2029 when we have the next GE. At that point, Labour would have had five years in government to prove its the best party of government enough to hopefully win an outright majority in England and Wales 

54 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Unfortunately doesn't take into account targeted social ads and biased media. I'd be shocked if a Labour government ever gets in while that's still ok. 

They just don't have as many attacks on Starmer as they did Corbyn, who'd given them so much material over the years it was easy for them. But I guarantee they'll have something that they're saving for the right time. 

Their tactic last time was to trial run a large number of different attack line ads on Facebook in the first few weeks of the election, then the ones that got the most clicks or responses were then pumped out on mass the last few days

I've just been as part of liverpool testing . Booked online easy enough . Test centre near me . I'm in knowsley but work in liverpool .

Test centre I went to was already in place . Booked walk through it's the swab test so not sure how quick results as couldn't hear final person I saw through her mask or screen . 

But hope everyone who can gets on board .

Hopefully the fall in infection rates after the tier introductions, coupled with this month long lockdown and we will be in a much better position come December 2nd. And obviously the vaccine will start to be rolled out soon too. 
We can then move back to a focussed tiered approach, and can introduce full local lockdowns when and where required. 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Hopefully the fall in infection rates after the tier introductions, coupled with this month long lockdown and we will be in a much better position come December 2nd. And obviously the vaccine will start to be rolled out soon too. 
We can then move back to a focussed tiered approach, and can introduce full local lockdowns when and where required. 

Agreed, with this and Biden potentially winning today I’m suddenly feeling a lot more optimistic about things 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Cases slightly down from last week. Deaths are up but of course we baked those in a long time ago. 

It seems cases are going along with the ONS study so hopefully lockdown will bring things down more as well, it's just so sad the deaths could have been avoided as you say.

Like I said though with this news, Biden and the vaccine coming forward things will hopefully improve in the not too distant future 

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Let us know what's happening with it - what type of test you get etc 

Standard swab test for us. But my closest test centre is in St. Helens, we work in Liverpool. You must only get the new tests if you choose one of the new test centres in Liverpool. There doesn’t seem to be a distinction between the centres, something they probably should put in.