When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not sure there’s suddenly 20k less people after tests in 1 day.

so of those 20,000 tests we lost  how many positive cases would we expect ? 10% maximum ? so 2000 .... so cases would still be  plateauing around 20,000  and not ramping up massively like france ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

so of those 20,000 tests we lost  how many positive cases would we expect ? 10% maximum ? so 2000 .... so cases would still be  plateauing around 20,000  and not ramping up massively like france ? 

In that case they wouldn’t be plateauing around the 20k mark they would be steady with where they were at last week, probably around 23k which is roughly the 7 day average for most of last week.

Testing dropped by 20k in yesterday’s figures and 60k in today’s. 

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can’t we just be positive (pardon the pun) that it’s less than last week and the rolling rate is declining?

I’ll take any silver lining at the moment, let’s try not to pick the negatives out of everything!

yes .... u feeling better ? 

22 hours ago, Lycra said:

It's not a democracy when one persons vote counts more than another......UK included in that 

Yea that's the problem init... 

One vote one person. End ov.. I'm watching a film atm hows the trump show going 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Can’t we just be positive (pardon the pun) that it’s less than last week and the rolling rate is declining?

I’ll take any silver lining at the moment, let’s try not to pick the negatives out of everything!

I'm sorry what? 

People aren't analysing the data to be negative. We are trying to consider all possibilities. - Trying to discern the situation we are in, in it's accurate form

It could be a drop in cases with no other explanation needed. but the daily tests have been getting lower over the last few days and I would assume that more people would be getting tested rn if anything, not less. 

Furthermore, why would we be be trying to find positives in 20,000 cases and 400 deaths, and hospital admission still rising. FYI experts have predicted the actual case figures are a lot higher and especially in proportion to those death figures. Even if it seems to plateau around this number for now it is still worryingly high. 

Last time we assumed cases were going down, it turned out to be a test and trace issue. I don't see cases starting to plummet from just tier 3, as do sage and IS. 

For the hundredth time can we stop telling people to lighten up or see the bright side. We can think for ourselves and find our own positives in the situation. But that brightside will not be found in the daily cases right now.

Hopefully soon if lockdown works and we are in a better situation we can be more positive. But for the last time this thread is called "When will this shit end?"

Edited by ace56blaa
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I'm sorry what? 

People aren't analysing the data to be negative. We are trying to consider all possibilities. - Trying to discern the situation we are in it's accurate form

It could be a drop in cases with no other explanation, need but the daily tests have been getting lower other the last few days and I would assume that more people would be getting tested rn if anything, not less. 

Furthermore, why would we be be trying to find positives in 20,000 cases and 400 deaths, and hospital admission still rising. FYI experts have predicted the actual case figures are a lot higher and especially in proportion to those death figures. Even if it seems to plateau around this number for now it is still worryingly high. 

Last time we assumed cases were going down, it turned out to be a test and trace issue. I don't see cases starting to plummet from just tier 3, as do sage and IS. 

For the hundredth time can we stop telling people to lighten up or see the bright side. We can think for ourselves and find our own positives in the situation. But that brightside will not be found in the daily cases right now.

Hopefully soon if lockdown works and we are in a better situation we can be more positive. But for the last time this thread is called "When will this shit end?"

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

I'm sorry what? 

People aren't analysing the data to be negative. We are trying to consider all possibilities. - Trying to discern the situation we are in, in it's accurate form

It could be a drop in cases with no other explanation needed. but the daily tests have been getting lower over the last few days and I would assume that more people would be getting tested rn if anything, not less. 

My friend fell out with me cause I made the mistake of trying to get her to see positives where she could. I was apparently invalidating her feelings.

She was feeling down about restrictions and I made the mistake of suggesting all the things she could still do rather than focus on what she couldn’t. 

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Reductions (some rather substantial) in growth in every single borough, except Oldham, which has gone up by 1%. Keep this up and it'll all be green by the end of the week.

0_HJR-MENN-021120INFECTIONRATES.jpg

Similar happening, although not across the board in South Yorkshire, a week after Tier 3. 

So too early for restrictions to be the cause in reduction? 

2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Similar happening, although not across the board in South Yorkshire, a week after Tier 3. 

So too early for restrictions to be the cause in reduction? 

Not sure, but Liverpool has been in decline for a while. Maybe the virus has reached saturation in university age?

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Not sure, but Liverpool has been in decline for a while. Maybe the virus has reached saturation in university age?

Other than Sheffield not many students in the rest of South Yorkshire, that was in decline too. 

Perhaps it reached its natural peak or maybe just the fact that cases were sky rocketing and what was happening over the hills changed people's behaviour.