When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Sorry to play stupid but does the Oxford vaccine require the same sort of storage / transfer?

If not then does the article in Pulse suggest that Pfizer & Moderna are now the front runners?

Didn't the article say "one of them" required -70 storage? Suggesting that the other one doesn't, i.e. it's the Oxford vaccine.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Didn't the article say "one of them" required -70 storage? Suggesting that the other one doesn't, i.e. it's the Oxford vaccine.

Whoops it does indeed!

I think my excitement at the news / copying and pasting it all got the better of me :lol:

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So testing has decreased?

Yeah, so I'm still approaching the figures with caution.

Of course it could potentially be a case that testing has gone down due to reduced covid levels within the community and a lack of demand but we'll have to wait and see.

Schools back yesterday and our relaxed lockdown has a week and a half left.

51 minutes ago, zahidf said:

As i said before, once there is a working vaccine, the govt will ignore scietific calls for social distancing e.t.c

IF theres a working vaccine. The virus won't vanish even if so. The only virus thats been eradicated via a vaccine in human history is smallpox.

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

IF theres a working vaccine. The virus won't vanish even if so. The only virus thats been eradicated via a vaccine in human history is smallpox.

the govt isnt going for a zero covid strategy

Edited by zahidf

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'm a bit concerned that @Toilet Duckmight have some down the back of the sofa actually

😉

It was quite the shock actually when it was discovered in the freezer! We had to call around to find out what the hell we were supposed to do with it. Eventually, we had to ship it off to the CDC in Atlanta in a special box they sent over! No chance of anything like that happening in my house though, my wife is a firm fan of the home edit, so everything has its place! (luckily, cos outside of work I'm completely disorganised!). 

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The only virus thats been eradicated via a vaccine in human history is smallpox.

True, but there's a bunch of other things that are pretty much eradicated. If anti-vaxxers hadn't gotten in the way, measles would be under control (and it mostly still is), polio is all but gone (though it still pops up in places), and a bunch of bacterial ones have been wiped out in most developed places (tetanus, diphtheria etc). I don't think this CoV though is gonna be one of them. Too many places for it to hide if we even managed to vaccinate the entire human population of the world, so you're right, my guess is it will circulate with the other ones and be a perennial problem (with a vaccine), but closer to what we have to deal with annually in terms of managing flu (which is still a big problem and causes significant morbidity and mortality). 

3 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

So the context to this rule is that it was actually added in to the regulations because it wasn't in the original ones. 

So they already have given it back once.

The exemption to breach gathering numbers etc (which was always there) has been removed so such gatherings will be prohibited depending on the prevailing Tier or lockdown regs in force at the time in whichever area. Up till now demonstrations could take place as long as organisers presented a covid secure plan. Often, when those plans were breached, then the demonstration was declared unlawful under the regs.

So basically, they haven't banned them, they have just removed the exemption clauses. Semantics maybe, but important.

43 minutes ago, northernringo said:

So does this news story look legit?

Or is the source a bit iffy?

I'd have expected it to be picked up by a larger news company by now if it was legit

29 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Would have been my question- never heard of the website. Has anyone corroborated it yet?

it’s a legit industry trade title, been around for about 30 odd years I believe. I’ve only ever done a little with them back in my PR days but I would say this is a story backed by some evidence. Fingers crossed!  

5 minutes ago, mike46 said:

it’s a legit industry trade title, been around for about 30 odd years I believe. I’ve only ever done a little with them back in my PR days but I would say this is a story backed by some evidence. Fingers crossed!  

It is a bit of a gossipy magazine for GP practices. We have a similar one in pharmacy called Chemist and Druggist, however that said, it is respected by some and is an easy read and I doubt they would publish this if they did not believe it to be true.