When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Those being arrested?.......Piers Corbyn and Tommy Robinson?

I'm just waiting for mention of George Soros and the Rothschilds to complete the set. 

The mentioned Great Reset is actually quite a decent idea - such a worldwide crisis has thrown up a great opportunity to change the way things are done. It's not as if it's going great at the moment is it?

Ian Brown was ranting about the great reset and how they want to get up his bum

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just a fuck up according to Mike Yeadon.

He goes a bit further than that,

SAGE has either been irredeemably incompetent or it has been dishonest. I personally know a few SAGE members and with the sole exception of a nameless individual, it is an understatement that they have greatly disappointed me. They have rebuffed well-intentioned and, as it turned out, accurate advice from at least three Nobel laureate scientists, all informing them that their modelling was seriously and indeed lethally in error. Though this may not have made the papers, everyone in the science community knows about this and that SAGE’s inadequate replies are scandalous. I have no confidence in any of them and neither should you.

If they have been deliberately dishonest that suggests a motive other than minimising the impact of the virus.

Cock up or conspiracy? It's the old question but there enough experts there to do a better job than they have. Maybe there are too many with differing opinions and they have come to a consensus they can all back that is just wrong and erring too much on the side of caution.

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

So who's been out xmas shopping today ? my town is riduculously busy ...slightly quieter in the supermarket today than over the weekend .... maybe people have worked out that they arent closing now !! although some areas are starting to get well shopped ... now im wishing they closed off the non essentials .... cos everyone will be pilling in looking for those in supermarkets from Thursday ..... 

Sitting in a nice hotel lounge in Shaftesbury right now while Mrs P blitzed a few gifts off the list 👍

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

So the reduction in cases over the summer had nothing to do with the measures that were implemented, and was just down to the weather? I assume you're an expert on viruses if you've been able to discover that. Well done.

We're all experts on here! And just like the "real" experts we have different views on this, there is good evidence on seasonality but it's down to weather you want to accept it.

(see what I did there?)

Anyway that's enough irrational paranoid nonsense for today, I'm off to watch Boris, an expert politician.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Id probably say the death and hospital rates shows its not weeks away from being over....

Until we get some more data from the next week or so the data points to it still being "over"... the excess deaths are around where they are expected to be on average (5year). That may well change though but we shouldnt dismiss the evidence which ever way it points. 

48 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

He goes a bit further than that,

SAGE has either been irredeemably incompetent or it has been dishonest. I personally know a few SAGE members and with the sole exception of a nameless individual, it is an understatement that they have greatly disappointed me. They have rebuffed well-intentioned and, as it turned out, accurate advice from at least three Nobel laureate scientists, all informing them that their modelling was seriously and indeed lethally in error. Though this may not have made the papers, everyone in the science community knows about this and that SAGE’s inadequate replies are scandalous. I have no confidence in any of them and neither should you.

If they have been deliberately dishonest that suggests a motive other than minimising the impact of the virus.

Cock up or conspiracy? It's the old question but there enough experts there to do a better job than they have. Maybe there are too many with differing opinions and they have come to a consensus they can all back that is just wrong and erring too much on the side of caution.

The main thing that makes me question SAGE is the info that was released from their meetings, which basically showed they purposefully advised we terrify the public and force compliance. This has had the horrible side effect that nobody is questioning the data or listening to dissenting voices. People have been conditioned to attack anyone that may have evidence that differs to the stance that SAGE/Government has taken. 

6 hours ago, Lizzim said:

I am currently reading about the last years of the Roman Republic - politics then seems very like USA today.  Just trying to work out if Trump is Crassus, Pompey or Ceasar - populists all of them, all in it for their own glory.

Agreed, I learnt about it from the Hardcore History podcast. People think it can't get any worse...well it can!

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

I know cases are lower on a monday but this is lower than last monday and we're around 3 weeks since the tier system launched, is this potentially a glimmer of hope or should we wait for tomorrow? 

I’m hopeful that we start to see the 7 day rolling average of case numbers plateau and fall this week given the impacts of the tiers, then a more sustained fall once the impact of the lockdown kicks in. But it’s important not to get too much of a raging boner over the average falling once, we need it to be sustained. There’s talk of a backlog in Wales so hopefully there’s not thousands of hidden cases. 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I know cases are lower on a monday but this is lower than last monday and we're around 3 weeks since the tier system launched, is this potentially a glimmer of hope or should we wait for tomorrow? 

Wait for tomorrow I’d say especially as the latest data for tests carried out dropped by 20k on Nov 1st which probably explains the drop in cases. 

I'm hoping these plateauing numbers are a sign the tiers have been working. Liverpool in particular has seen significant drops over the past couple of weeks.

Obviously too late to do anything about the deaths that will inevitably happen, but hopefully a couple of weeks of lockdown plus this existing tier stuff from the past couple of weeks will have a really good effect by the middle of the month.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I'm hoping these plateauing numbers are a sign the tiers have been working. Liverpool in particular has seen significant drops over the past couple of weeks.

Obviously too late to do anything about the deaths that will inevitably happen, but hopefully a couple of weeks of lockdown plus this existing tier stuff from the past couple of weeks will have a really good effect by the middle of the month.

I agree, we can hope the tiers have done their role and the lockdown helps it go down further - I'm feeling a little more optimistic heading into what will be a tough time but as @Ozanne said we've done this before for a longer and harsher time so we can no doubt do it again 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

I agree, we can hope the tiers have done their role and the lockdown helps it go down further - I'm feeling a little more optimistic heading into what will be a tough time but as @Ozanne said we've done this before for a longer and harsher time so we can no doubt do it again 

We got this 💪