When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Graham Brady to vote against the lockdown. Won’t matter, but significant given he leads the 1922 committee. 

Yeah even if it goes through ultimately its huge divisions in that party, which is mad really considering they've all been picked for brexit loyalty. Covid has ruined them 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

so easy to be anti everything.

Unfortunately Farage knows his audience well, and is very effective at exerting influence on UK politics- can’t think of a single political figure in the UK in recent times that’s had such an impact despite never winning a seat in parliament. I hate him! But every time I think he must be over and done with he returns and somehow exerts even more influence

11 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Honestly whats the point of reading this bilge - or any of the guardian's political columnists tbh. Over to one of our interchangeable roster of arch blairites, who've spent the last 5 years slagging off Corbyn, for your completely predictable dose of confirmation bias as they try to contain their raging hardons over Corbyn's suspension. Its like reading a blog on manchester united written by a liverpool fan.

• Upvote 2

It’ll be interesting to see the impact this has on the Tory vote and the Labour vote, I hope it splits off some of the Ukippers from them because until that happens it will be very tough for Labour to beat them. As bad as the last election result was, it could have been even worse if the Brexit party hadn’t stood in some Labour seats (they managed to split the right wing vote). However it means having to put up with Farage once again, for years and influencing the Tory party yet again.

Worst case scenario would be, the Clovid situation drags on and on, mass economic damage, Tories and labour decends into infighting and Farage attracts mass support from a new political schism.

Just hope we have some effective vaccine news soon, I don’t like pondering these darkest possible timelines!

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It’ll be interesting to see the impact this has on the Tory vote and the Labour vote, I hope it splits off some of the Ukippers from them because until that happens it will be very tough for Labour to beat them. As bad as the last election result was, it could have been even worse if the Brexit party hadn’t stood in some Labour seats (they managed to split the right wing vote). However it means having to put up with Farage once again, for years and influencing the Tory party yet again.

Worst case scenario would be, the Clovid situation drags on and on, mass economic damage, Tories and labour decends into infighting and Farage attracts mass support from a new political schism.

Just hope we have some effective vaccine news soon, I don’t like pondering these darkest possible timelines!

Tbh if we get to 2024 without a vaccine, then would people support lockdowns?

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's completely irrelevant to the outcome of the next election as that's 4 years away and the finer points of covid will be long forgotten by then.

Edited by xxialac

14 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Honestly whats the point of reading this bilge - or any of the guardian's political columnists tbh. Over to one of our interchangeable roster of arch blairites, who've spent the last 5 years slagging off Corbyn, for your completely predictable dose of confirmation bias as they try to contain their raging hardons over Corbyn's suspension. Its like reading a blog on manchester united written by a liverpool fan.

I suppose EHRC are blairite too.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's completely irrelevant to the outcome of the next election as that's 4 years away and the finer points of covid will be long forgotten by then.

Farage is involved in politics more than the rest of us, he could know more than we do about how long this will go on for I.e. knows that they wont lift restrictions til there's a 100% neutralising vaccine? So much has been put out there recently alluding to this but we ignore it or ridicule it because we don't want to believe it. Completely natural but still 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I suppose EHRC are blairite too.

Worse!:

A commissioner at the U.K. equalities watchdog, which prides itself on impartiality, failed to declare her donation and fundraising activity for the Conservative Party, Newsweek International can reveal.

Pavita Cooper, who is a commissioner at the Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) made donations totaling £3,500 to the Conservative Party itself, according to the Electoral Commission's website.

It was previously thought that she had made two donations, one to the party and one to the then local member of Parliament Mary Macleod, but the Electoral Commission has since changed its stance after an "admin error" and altered its website

The EHRC is an independent body responsible for the promotion and enforcement of equality and non-discrimination laws in England. When its impartiality has been questioned in the past, it stated that it was an "independent regulator" that took its impartiality "very seriously."

The EHRC is currently investigating the opposition Labour Party for alleged antisemitism but has said that "it would not be proportionate to initiate our own investigation" into the Conservative Party after a number of allegations of Islamophobia from within the party were made.

On November 13, 2013, according to publicly available records on the Electoral Commission's website, Cooper made a donation of £3,500 to the Conservative and Unionist Party, the Electoral Commission says.

It was attended by then Chancellor George Osborne.

Upon her appointment by the government, an announcement by the Cabinet Office stated that Ms. Cooper "did not declare any political activity".

https://www.newsweek.com/equalities-human-rights-commission-ehrc-pavita-cooper-race-racism-equality-1513338

Don’t think it influenced the end report (seemed reasonably balanced from what I’ve read), but I find their decision/justification for not investigating the Tories pretty dodgy.

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Farage is involved in politics more than the rest of us, he could know more than we do about how long this will go on for I.e. knows that they wont lift restrictions til there's a 100% neutralising vaccine? So much has been put out there recently alluding to this but we ignore it or ridicule it because we don't want to believe it. Completely natural but still 

Zero chance of western democracy having lockdowns into 2024