When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

fucking annoying how it was under control in early July so go mad and eat out, foreign holidays, mass gatherings, back to work/school. I think late summer travel was the main cause then add in schools reopening, unis soon after the situation was fucked. 

When cases went from hundreds to a mad jump to 6,000 in a day, then continued to rise. A 3-4 week lockdown then to figure it out and get it back down would have prevented all this shit. Until politicians/people see deaths/high cases was always going to be inaction and reactive as per. 

Just now, august1 said:

fucking annoying how it was under control in early July so go mad and eat out, foreign holidays, mass gatherings, back to work/school. I think late summer travel was the main cause then add in schools reopening, unis soon after the situation was fucked. 

When cases went from hundreds to a mad jump to 6,000 in a day, then continued to rise. A 3-4 week lockdown then to figure it out and get it back down would have prevented all this shit. Until politicians/people see deaths/high cases was always going to be inaction and reactive as per. 

They also had the report from medics at the beginning of the summer saying to act now to prevent an awful winter but they didn’t. Just like they didn’t prepare for the first wave. 

This is just fucking unbelievable!! I was trying to be distracted watching horror films then just peeked on twitter to see another horror show unfolding!!

and 10pm Friday night leak to the papers!! Again!! soooo annoying that yet again weeks too late to actually sort the issue out

People are going to panic buy now aren't they?? Glad I've been adding the odd extra staple over the months as can see loo roll and pasta shortages incoming :( 

Also, what financial support will happen is shutting businesses down? 67% wages for everyone 

Edited by shoptildrop

My other question is will they have a time limit or criteria for it to end, I know Germany have said just for november but France are aiming for 5000 cases a day, businesses will need to know how to prepare properly for closure and many people pike myself would ideally want to know so we can mentally prepare ourselves for it 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

My other question is will they have a time limit or criteria for it to end, I know Germany have said just for november but France are aiming for 5000 cases a day, businesses will need to know how to prepare properly for closure and many people pike myself would ideally want to know so we can mentally prepare ourselves for it 

The reports are saying till the beginning of December. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The reports are saying till the beginning of December. 

I'd love to believe that- but with schools open and people actually having more time to meet up socially in each other's houses I just dont see it making any difference 

Plus if hospitals are struggling now, it'll take a brave government to lift restrictions when they're in the state we'd expect them to be in a month based on current case numbers

It's all too late - we'll have our overwhelmed hospitals and an even more fucked economy in 2021 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Ok so what's going on on Edinburgh? https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/coronavirus-scotland-edinburgh-fewer-covid-19194452

What are we doing right?  I have a few theories but don't have the evidence to back it up so I won't speculate.  Down my way the high rise flats were blasting out Sunshine on Leith again.  

I love Leith, I'm almost a local after 22 years living here.