When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Lots of very grim reading today. Anecdotally it seems much worse now than it ever did during the Spring. I knew one person who had Covid back in the Spring - now I know about 10 that have had it recently/currently including 3 separate family members (all okay, just feeling really rough) and I’m currently self isolating after being in contact with someone. Might just be an outlier, but it feels out of control.

One of the biggest things for me is people’s behaviour hasn’t changed with the new restrictions. People, in my experience, are openly ignoring them. The tier approach doesn’t work and the government needs to be more heavy handed with clear guidance ASAP to stem the utter shit show we’re heading towards. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Wed looking like it’s gonna be a day of highs and lows maybe ... still fuck all help for the vulnerable ... ah fuck em let them work ... 

Who’d have thought sharing every single newspaper wouldn’t actually be helpful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Lots of very grim reading today. Anecdotally it seems much worse now than it ever did during the Spring. I knew one person who had Covid back in the Spring - now I know about 10 that have had it recently/currently including 3 separate family members (all okay, just feeling really rough) and I’m currently self isolating after being in contact with someone. Might just be an outlier, but it feels out of control.

One of the biggest things for me is people’s behaviour hasn’t changed with the new restrictions. People, in my experience, are openly ignoring them. The tier approach doesn’t work and the government needs to be more heavy handed with clear guidance ASAP to stem the utter shit show we’re heading towards. 

Its not just here. People aren't going to follow a second lockdown to the same degree.

Just now, jparx said:

I hope you’re gonna be ok and don’t pick the virus up mate.

Yeah I agree I’m tier 1 and don’t really see people keeping 2 meters from others etc. It hasn’t been helped by the governments messaging at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They have not got a clue. 

To be fair it's not like there is a play book for this situation and it is fairly fluid. 

There were a little dammed if they do and dammed if they don't with the regional approach. If it worked happy days if it didn't they should have gone harder quicker. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Same here. Second wave been much closer to home, although maybe that’s because we’re testing more this time?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I hope you’re gonna be ok and don’t pick the virus up mate.

Yeah I agree I’m tier 1 and don’t really see people keeping 2 meters from others etc. It hasn’t been helped by the governments messaging at all. 

Cheers dude! We’ve got through a week of isolating so I think we’re out of the woods. Definitely the closest to home it’s been.

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

To be fair it's not like there is a play book for this situation and it is fairly fluid. 

There were a little dammed if they do and dammed if they don't with the regional approach. If it worked happy days if it didn't they should have gone harder quicker. 

The only thing there is that if it doesn’t work then hospitals fill up, it’s a very risky strategy. For sure it’s a difficult situation but they haven’t helped themselves at all.