When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen a lot on Biden’s stance on us with a brexit but what about trump? A US U.K. trade deal would be pretty great considering our options at the moment.

I’m a remainer but I’d rather we got a few decent trade deals under our belt.

is Bidens reluctance to do a trade deal with us probably just hyperbole?

yay, shit meat.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen a lot on Biden’s stance on us with a brexit but what about trump? A US U.K. trade deal would be pretty great considering our options at the moment.

I’m a remainer but I’d rather we got a few decent trade deals under our belt.

is Bidens reluctance to do a trade deal with us probably just hyperbole?

I’m a remainer too, surely better to get a deal with the EU and a deal with Biden?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

any deal with US won't even get close to what we have with the EU...it will be purely for show.

UK/EU talks in submarine mode at the moment.

What's the betting Johnson and the Tories will cave to a BRINO and try to bury it in all the bad news swirling around? This is where the US election result comes into play - indications of a Trump win might embolden Johnson to tough it out whereas a Biden victory might persuade him to capitulate and blame it on Covid. Next week will be decisive in many ways.

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

UK/EU talks in submarine mode at the moment.

What's the betting Johnson and the Tories will cave to a BRINO and try to bury it in all the bad news swirling around? This is where the US election result comes into play - indications of a Trump win might embolden Johnson to tough it out whereas a Biden victory might persuade him to capitulate and blame it on Covid. Next week will be decisive in many ways.

I don't know...I really don't think who wins US election actually makes any difference to this. I think they will get a deal...it won't be a great deal, but it will be something to build on.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't know...I really don't think who wins US election actually makes any difference to this. I think they will get a deal...it won't be a great deal, but it will be something to build on.

Trump wins they can go for a no deal 

Biden wins they have to cave to the EU demands no question.

I honestly think a trade deal with the U.K and the EU is in such icy waters right now, a USA deal might help us stay a float a bit.

I’m trying to be as positive as I can because I see a Trump victory, and I’m trying to twist the inevitable into a good thing in my mind.

Boris and Trump being mates is good news for us. As much as it hurts to see. Biden and Nancy not being that fond of us isn’t great news. 

Id rather a rescue package from the US than the effect of no deal from the EU.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I honestly think a trade deal with the U.K and the EU is in such icy waters right now, a USA deal might help us stay a float a bit.

I’m trying to be as positive as I can because I see a Trump victory, and I’m trying to twist the inevitable into a good thing in my mind.

Boris and Trump being mates is good news for us. As much as it hurts to see. Biden and Nancy not being that fond of us isn’t great news. 

Id rather a rescue package from the US than the effect of no deal from the EU.

What you need to realise is the US/EU deals go hand in hand.

Trump wins, we leave on a no deal and do a deal with Trump

Biden wins, we get both deals. Because he won’t do a deal if the GFA is breached. 

38 minutes ago, Homer said:

I don't understand why nine Labour MPs would quit the party over anti-semitism if there wasn't any? That's a pretty extreme thing to happen. Why would Luciana Berger just make it all up? Objectively that tells me that there was anti-semitism. Or am I missing something?

If you go back to my post on the previous page, you'll see I've posted a link to the Labour group which opposes Luciana Berger and you can look at their claims about the Jewish Labour Movement, which she was the chair of.

There are two possibilities: either, she is making it all up, and the whole thing has been manufactured as part of a political battle within the Labour movement.  Or, she's telling the truth and Labour has an extremely serious problem of antisemitism within its ranks.  You know which side I'm leaning towards in all this, but I don't know for certain any more than any other punter currently does.  My main point in this discussion is that the outrage to evidence ratio is hugely suspicious here, and I'd encourage anyone to find out a bit more about the various factions involved in this rather than just accept the claims on a no-smoke-without-fire basis.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I don't understand why nine Labour MPs would quit the party over anti-semitism if there wasn't any? That's a pretty extreme thing to happen. Why would Luciana Berger just make it all up? Objectively that tells me that there was anti-semitism. Or am I missing something?

Every single MP that quit was also a centrist who were up for mandatory deselection by their local party membership. No MP not threatened with mandatory deselection quit. No jewish MP that wasn’t up for mandatory deselection quit. Thats the missing part.