When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

WHY does this awkward sod keep asking for evidence?  We've called him an antisemite but he still won't stop going on about it...

Sorry to keep on about this chaps, but I've done as has been suggested to me repeatedly in this thread - i.e. gone and looked at the various articles and reports - but I still haven't found the evidence I've been asking you to provide.  If you're getting bored of this, why not just land the killer blow?  Just cut and paste any credible evidence of a labour party activist saying or doing anything which is antisemitic.

Go and ask the jewish labour people who filed complaints about antisemitic abuse which were ignored by labour's leader office.

Anyway, all this stuff is going to get investigated properly now, and there are 14 MPs who have complaints made against them are to be investigated...these MPs includes the likes of Abbott, Burgon, Gardiner, Long-Bailey...and Angela Rayner. And now Corbyn too will be investigated whilst suspended. So, maybe these allegations will be made public then.

17 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

WHY does this awkward sod keep asking for evidence?  We've called him an antisemite but he still won't stop going on about it...

Sorry to keep on about this chaps, but I've done as has been suggested to me repeatedly in this thread - i.e. gone and looked at the various articles and reports - but I still haven't found the evidence I've been asking you to provide.  If you're getting bored of this, why not just land the killer blow?  Just cut and paste any credible evidence of a labour party activist saying or doing anything which is antisemitic.

My comment wasn't really directed at you, more at the general discrepancy with how the left treats antisemitism and other forms of racism.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Great strategy to do some infighting just as you managed to get a poll lead, Tories will be delighted (notice this thread has become all about the same old shite from the last year few years with very little about covid).

On the first set of polls an alternative reading would be that the EHRC report is pretty damning which is causing a negative swing in the polls.

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How rapid do we need it ? O-2 cases less than 3 weeks ago ... similar to you now and I’d imagine growth on a similar trajectory .... once the major population dense cities go in ... the other areas will follow ... so Bristol will impact Weston etc etc .... 

I think they should be making moves already but this government act so slowly I don’t think that they will. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I think they should be making moves already but this government act so slowly I don’t think that they will. 

they might just have no choice to avoid scenes like italy ...... hopefully we won't get to that with reduced R .... but they won't let those kind of scenes happen im sure .... standby care homes !!!

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Mine similar ... above the threshold of 30 that caused Swindon to need special measures in the early days ... are they going to continue to have these discussions area by area ... and this distorted patchwork where we just delay and delay filling in the gaps between our major cities ... even the lowest risk that boris stated in his case to avoid the national lockdowns has gone over that threshold now 

Defo changed threshold as these were Manchester's number on 31st July when we went into Tier 2 (we can only dream of these numbers now :( )

image.thumb.png.56f7b7340952c61af35dc91d2de49463.png

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Defo changed threshold as these were Manchester's number on 31st July when we went into Tier 2 (we can only dream of these numbers now :( )

image.thumb.png.56f7b7340952c61af35dc91d2de49463.png

I hate this, feel it in my stomach,  just watching the numbers get worse and worse (like with the first outbreak)- just wish we had some sort of clear plan or something, feels like the governments decided to just sit this one out.

32 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Great strategy to do some infighting just as you managed to get a poll lead, Tories will be delighted (notice this thread has become all about the same old shite from the last year few years with very little about covid).

Those headline figures don’t really tell the full picture. The report from YouGov says that the public overwhelmingly support the decision to suspend Corbyn, think Corbyn mishandled his reaction and Starmer is more widely praised. I’ve attached the snippets from their report, the fall in approval for Starmer is generated by the left which are understandably unhappy with Starmer. 

48545C3D-A24C-477E-969D-970084E33302.jpeg

45736A23-44CC-4E2D-B895-1B5D82FAA8E2.jpeg

1E32E9CA-AB17-48C1-BAC2-21A469175F8B.jpeg

Edited by Ozanne

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

I hate this, feel it in my stomach,  just watching the numbers get worse and worse (like with the first outbreak)- just wish we had some sort of clear plan or something, feels like the governments decided to just sit this one out.

Exactly. I feel like I am sat here, my mind just screaming "Do something! They have to do something!" ... but nothing is being done. They're still having the gall to troop people out every day to say that the 'regional restrictions are effective'- they're evidently, absolutely not!!

It's absolutely terrifying. Completely hopeless (them in charge, and the situation).

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Exactly. I feel like I am sat here, my mind just screaming "Do something! They have to do something!" ... but nothing is being done. They're still having the gall to troop people out every day to say that the 'regional restrictions are effective'- they're evidently, absolutely not!!

It's absolutely terrifying. Completely hopeless (them in charge, and the situation).

its tough ...im sat here trying to influence a friend that has way too many different contacts with people in my opinion ..... I do totally understand why .... but he has 5 different childcare options for his school aged children , one being his mum who's extremely vulnerable .... we can do our best with our friends and family and try to have some influence but ultimately its their decision ... we can really only directly influence what we do ourselves and lower that risk as much as we can .... but unfortunately  the government can only have that say that stops the spread .... leaving it to common sense has completely failed us :( 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I know what you mean, I've just watched Manchester go from bad to worse :( Tameside was 16.3 per 200K back then it was 499.3 per 100K yesterday - I have to step away from it at time as not doing my stress levels any good!!

Currently watching horror films (no not the news), on The Conjuring 2 at mo which is proper jumpy and not doing my stress levels good either but in a different way lol

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

leaving it to common sense has completely failed us :( 

Indeed. And there is something to be said for whether those who aren't paying attention to the rules/guidance now, would change their behaviour even if a new national proper "lockdown" was imposed. I suppose it would stop people being able to congregate outside of their homes, but that would be it.

It's sad and really bad to say, but I fear the public attitude isn't going to change now until the hospitals are visibly and clearly overwhelmed, with deaths reaching scary new highs 😔

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Indeed. And there is something to be said for whether those who aren't paying attention to the rules/guidance now, would change their behaviour even if a new national proper "lockdown" was imposed. I suppose it would stop people being able to congregate outside of their homes, but that would be it.

It's sad and really bad to say, but I fear the public attitude isn't going to change now until the hospitals are visibly and clearly overwhelmed, with deaths reaching scary new highs 😔

I think once we get an official line ... not tiers ... proper lockdowns or firebreaks ..... people hopefully get that kick up the ass ... interesting to see what compliance is like in wales and ireland right now ? .... significantly better I would imagine 

18 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I know what you mean, I've just watched Manchester go from bad to worse :( Tameside was 16.3 per 200K back then it was 499.3 per 100K yesterday - I have to step away from it at time as not doing my stress levels any good!!

Currently watching horror films (no not the news), on The Conjuring 2 at mo which is proper jumpy and not doing my stress levels good either but in a different way lol

I'm finally going to watch IT Part 2 tomorrow- I have been saving It for this special occasion- it will seem like a comedy compared to how this year's gone!

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Thank you.  You're the first.  Even though these 12 claims are only that - claims, with no evidence - I don't dismiss them like I did other claims in the discussion, because many of them are attributed to specific complainants.  And the language used is, indeed, antisemitic rather than anti-Zionist.  An important distinction.

So the question is: are the claims true?  That would require what I've been asking for all along: evidence.  At the moment, none of us have access to any of the evidence, so we have to wait for whatever investigation is set up to examine it.  (Although, given the nature of the claims, these should have gone straight to the police, as they clearly meet the criteria for hate-speech.)

Now I know I'm out of step with the rest of you for not rushing to judgement before I've seen the evidence, but before you assume these claims are true, consider these two things:

1.  Do you really believe what is being claimed is sufficiently credible that you're prepared to accept it without very strong evidence?  Examples: a delegate at the 2017 Labour conference claims two other delegates at his table stated he should be "grateful we don't make them eat bacon…"  Or at a local party meeting, a local party member claimed he was told "to shut the f*** up, Jew" and "Hitler was right"  I don't know if any of you have been at any Labour meetings in the past 10 years, but if you had, you'd find these claims so incredible that you'd definitely want to see evidence.

2.  All of these claims come from the 'Jewish Labour Movement.'  This is a group which has gained traction within Labour since 2017, but is bitterly opposed by non-Zionist Jewish Labour members.  You can read up on them for yourself, but to persuade you that all might not be as it seems: one strong critic of the JLM is Noam Chomsky, who is probably the most respected left-wing intellectual of our time - and Jewish to boot.  He, along with other non-Zionist Jewish intellectuals and public figures, is a sponsor of 'Labour against the witch hunt.'   I've posted the link - have a read about their uncompromising views on JLM, before you decide to accept their claims at face value.  Also, if you're not familiar with it - read up on Zionism.  Enjoy fundamentalist Christians? You'll love the Zionists.

It's less effort to just accept the claims of this whispering campaign of antisemitism than to try and dig out the truth.  But if that means your fellow travellers are Trump, Netanyahu, the Daily Mail and the rest of the right wing establishment, and your opponents are Noam Chomsky, and co., you really ought to make that effort.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff