When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Don’t think many are disputing that Corbyn didnt perform well on antisemitism all I say is that suspending him from the party is extremely heavy handed (hence why starmer has distanced himself from the decision) and bound to cause more problems than it was worth.

I kind of agree with you but it's not enough of a reason for me to give up my membership or to vote against them in the future. I mean, what's the alternative? The shower of shit we've got in charge at the moment? No thanks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Don’t think many are disputing that Corbyn didnt perform well on antisemitism all I say is that suspending him from the party is extremely heavy handed (hence why starmer has distanced himself from the decision) and bound to cause more problems than it was worth.

He was suspended for not accepting the conclusions of the EHRC report, and coming out and saying it in public. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to explain his thinking.

14 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Eh? If he isnt't then he is making a poor job of rebutting such a suggestion.

"When Labour became embroiled in a toxic series of rows over antisemitism during 2018, Williamson repeatedly shared platforms and spoke in defence of members expelled or under investigation over accusations of anti-Jewish hatred.

Williamson tweeted in defence of Ken Livingstone after he was forced to resign for repeatedly saying Zionists had collaborated with Hitler, describing the former London mayor as a “towering figure” who fought “all forms of racism”.

The controversial MP has campaigned for the reinstatement of Marc Wadsworth, who was expelled for abusing Jewish Labour MP Ruth Smeeth at a public event, saying that decision “offends natural justice”.

In the summer, Williamson continued to support Pete Willsman in his attempt to get elected onto Labour’s national executive committee, even though he was dropped from Momentum’s slate after he had been recorded saying that Jewish “Trump fanatics” were making false claims of antisemitism in the party. Willsman was elected anyway.

Significantly, during the incident that prompted Williamson’s suspension – his claim at a meeting of Sheffield Momentum that Labour had been “too apologetic” about antisemitism – he appears to have been loudly applauded by those present."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/27/chris-williamson-the-labour-outrider-who-became-too-outspoken

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/activist-marc-wadsworth-expelled-labour-12435129

This Mirror article details the Wadsworth case and shows how the ones being accused view the allegations as malicious, you can choose to believe which side you want but the Corbyn supporters are by and large lifelong anti-racists so it's hard to see how they would suddenly want to start attacking people purely because of their Jewish heritage.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Mandelson has lots of money, that he got as a result of being influential in Blair's government. He also doesn't consider himself Jewish. Therein lies the problem: can we not call someone out for sitting on loads of money they maybe didn't get ethically just because they have a Jewish family, and that's a trope?

Why did McCluskey apologise then? 

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/activist-marc-wadsworth-expelled-labour-12435129

This Mirror article details the Wadsworth case and shows how the ones being accused view the allegations as malicious, you can choose to believe which side you want but the Corbyn supporters are by and large lifelong anti-racists so it's hard to see how they would suddenly want to start attacking people purely because of their Jewish heritage.

Even Jon Lansman stated that there were several hundred hardcore anti-semites amongst their membership. If he is admitting that then I'm quite sure that the real number is far higher, and that the number of 'less hard core' anti semites must be huge. We haven't even got on to those who supported and promoted such views in Labour circles but who could not be proved to have definite links to Labour/Momentum as they were anon accounts on various fora and platforms etc. Wadsworth knew exactly what he was doing.

Edited by Copperface

16 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

What do you reckon? All at least in Tier 2 by next weekend?

I don’t think so, I live in right on the south coast and currently there’s no talk about is going into a higher tier. That’s not to say it won’t happen but they are acting so slowly that I can’t see all of us in tier 2 by next weekend. I think we’ll see more of the midlands and west heading into tier 2 possibly. 

For reference my town has 84.1 cases per 100k.

Edited by Ozanne

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think so, I live in right on the south coast and currently there’s no talk about is going into a higher tier. That’s not to say it won’t happen but they are acting so slowly that I can’t see all of us in tier 2 by next weekend. I think we’ll see more of the midlands and west heading into tier 2 possibly. 

For reference my town has 84.1k cases per 100k.

Mine similar ... above the threshold of 30 that caused Swindon to need special measures in the early days ... are they going to continue to have these discussions area by area ... and this distorted patchwork where we just delay and delay filling in the gaps between our major cities ... even the lowest risk that boris stated in his case to avoid the national lockdowns has gone over that threshold now 

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Jeeez - do you live in Wuhan?! 🙃

Ha thanks, I’ve corrected it. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Mine similar ... above the threshold of 30 that caused Swindon to need special measures in the early days ... are they going to continue to have these discussions area by area ... and this distorted patchwork where we just delay and delay filling in the gaps between our major cities ... even the lowest risk that boris stated in his case to avoid the national lockdowns has gone over that threshold now 

I think we will have this type of thing for little bit, unless it starts to grow rapidly.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For reference my town has 84.1k cases per 100k.

I think that might be a typo! 

Apparently Portsmouth and my area in NE Hampshire are the worst affected but Hants council want every area to be in the same tier.

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think that might be a typo! 

Apparently Portsmouth and my area in NE Hampshire are the worst affected but Hants council want every area to be in the same tier.

Makes sense. You don’t want travel between adjacent areas if one is a lower tier. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ha thanks, I’ve corrected it. 

I think we will have this type of thing for little bit, unless it starts to grow rapidly.

How rapid do we need it ? O-2 cases less than 3 weeks ago ... similar to you now and I’d imagine growth on a similar trajectory .... once the major population dense cities go in ... the other areas will follow ... so Bristol will impact Weston etc etc .... 

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

...What more are you looking for here? Do you want me to post actual quotes in this thread? ...

3 hours ago, mcshed said:

Can you find a single example where an official complaint has been lodged with the Labour Party about antisemitism where all that has happened is criticism of Israel?

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

The hard left in the whole are willing, and quite rightly so, to believe the anecdotal and personal evidence presented in the discourse of the #MeToo movement, in order to bring the downfall of the misogynistic and toxic hegemonic nature of institutions like Hollywood. Yet when the same thing has occurred in the Labour Party, where victims of blatant anti-semitism have made complaints that are brushed under the carpet, they yell 'where's the actual evidence. I need the social media posts, the WhatsApp messages, not the evidence of plenty of Jewish Party members and MPs'. 

56 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

What I find quite sad about the same situation is that the same demand for explicit evidence isn't applied whenever anyone else gets accused of racism - we/the left/the labour party tend to take the accusations seriously and in good faith. I don't see anyone on the left not taking the issue of Islamaphobia in the tories seriously because we don't have the explicit evidence - why are jews different?

WHY does this awkward sod keep asking for evidence?  We've called him an antisemite but he still won't stop going on about it...

Sorry to keep on about this chaps, but I've done as has been suggested to me repeatedly in this thread - i.e. gone and looked at the various articles and reports - but I still haven't found the evidence I've been asking you to provide.  If you're getting bored of this, why not just land the killer blow?  Just cut and paste any credible evidence of a labour party activist saying or doing anything which is antisemitic.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

WHY does this awkward sod keep asking for evidence?  We've called him an antisemite but he still won't stop going on about it...

Sorry to keep on about this chaps, but I've done as has been suggested to me repeatedly in this thread - i.e. gone and looked at the various articles and reports - but I still haven't found the evidence I've been asking you to provide.  If you're getting bored of this, why not just land the killer blow?  Just cut and paste any credible evidence of a labour party activist saying or doing anything which is antisemitic.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/12-shocking-claims-of-abuse-in-leaked-labour-antisemitism-dossier-11879053

I took the liberty of finding 12 examples of anti semitism. 

Great strategy to do some infighting just as you managed to get a poll lead, Tories will be delighted (notice this thread has become all about the same old shite from the last year few years with very little about covid).