When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Good riddance that nasty man is gone from politics.

Too much momentum whispering in his ear that he’s a magic grandpa that has the moral upper hand in every situation he’s in. He would of been one of the most dangerous leaders we would ever have had if he got in.

• Downvote 5

Just now, Matt42 said:

Too much momentum whispering in his ear that he’s a magic grandpa that has the moral upper hand in every situation he’s in. He would of been one of the most dangerous leaders we would ever have had if he got in.

We can always count on you for some ridiculous hystrionic take.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I struggle to understand how people can believe all that, it's like the Daily Mail has been injected directly in to your brain.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm not a Labour supporter but I had a lot of time for Jeremy Corbyn. I think he was, and is, a good man. He's politically naïve and I disagreed fundamentally with his position (or lack of it some might say) on Brexit but I don't think for a second that the man is an anti-Semite. 

Moreso I think he's guilty of, as many of us on the Left are if we are to turn the lens inward for a moment, turning a blind eye to (or in some cases even accepting) some dog-whistle anti-Semitic tropes (see David Schneider's excellent Are You Anti Semitic tweet below). However, I believe him when he says that this issue was seized upon by his opponents inside and outside the party and used politically to discredit him, with their crowning glory being yesterday's suspension. 

I don't mind admitting that I was moved listening to him on that Saturday afternoon on the Pyramid in 2016, and that came to mind yesterday afternoon after he was thrown to the dogs by the centrist's new flavour of the month. Even more galling that Starmer is now apparently trying to wash his hands of the responsibility. If he's going to be the next PM it would be nice if he used the next couple of years to grow a backbone.

One of the key recommendations in the report is that the Leaders office doesn’t get involved. So, it’s nothing to do with leadership backbone.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I struggle to understand how people can believe all that, it's like the Daily Mail has been injected directly in to your brain.

Lol I love how you assume I read the daily mail.

Jeremy is never wrong. Jeremy never steps down. Jeremy never accepts defeat. Jeremy never stepped in to control his party.

Why? Because he loves it. He loves what he did to the Labour Party, he managed to rally together his own mob that would never question him. He can’t grapple with the idea that he’s made mistakes or his vision is wrong and that’s why he’s a dangerous leader.

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But would he have done a trump and won califronia?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lol I love how you assume I read the daily mail.

Jeremy is never wrong. Jeremy never steps down. Jeremy never accepts defeat. Jeremy never stepped in to control his party.

Why? Because he loves it. He loves what he did to the Labour Party, he managed to rally together his own mob that would never question him. He can’t grapple with the idea that he’s made mistakes or his vision is wrong and that’s why he’s a dangerous leader.

That's not nasty, it's stupid, it's inflexible, it's naïve, but it's not nasty. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's not nasty, it's stupid, it's inflexible, it's naïve, but it's not nasty. 

This. I believe he genuinely had the public’s best interests at heart throughout his time as leader, and he did want to make a positive change for the many, and for the better.
But the way the conducted himself meant he was unlikely to ever be elected into a position to do so. 

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Brilliant.  Whenever I need affirmation about my opinions I only ever need to read posts like this to illustrate the standard of debate against them.  

On politics matt I find you about as likely to be right as the Daily Express is to be about the weather.

28 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Corbyn walked right into that one. 

I think Corbyn wants to have this fight now, in some ways Iagree with him, if there is to be a reckoning between the Corbynite left and Stamers leadership it's best that it is resolved as soon as possible. Obviously it would be better if everyone could pull in the same direction without the squabble but if it were done when 'tis done, 'twere well it were done quickly.

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely bonkers. Even for your ridiculous-hot-take high standards.