When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:
  • Yorkshire and the Humber: East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston-Upon-Hull, North East Lincolnshire and North Lincolnshire;
  • West Midlands: Dudley, Staffordshire, Telford and the Wrekin;
  • East Midlands: Amber Valley, Bolsover, Derbyshire Dales, Derby City, South Derbyshire, the whole of High Peak; Charnwood;
  • East of England: Luton; and
  • South East: Oxford City.

Removed 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro
  • Downvote 5

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

- Shithole, Shithole, Shithole, Shithole

- Shithole, Decent, big Shithole

- Shithole, massive Shithole, Shithole, Shithole, Shithole, Shithole

- Shithole

- Vvvvv decent

Am I right? 

have you reached that green level you decided was a threshold ? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Factional fighting when we're in the midst of a pandemic that's already killed 60,000 and while we're about to endure a long difficult winter is a horrific idea. I knew Starmer would do this which is why I didn't vote for him in the leadership contest. I'm on the left go the party, but jesus, can't we all just get along and work together FFS. Wish we'd learn from the US, where Biden might defeat Trump thanks to the centrists and left shelving hostilities (Biden conceding to the left with the Green New deal)- it's ultimately what we have to do, so why waste months, years wasting energy on civil war that will only alienate supporters and the public at large.

Can't express how infuriating it is to think anyone in the party thinks it's a good idea to go to war with each other in this current situation and when we're in such a precarious position as a party. 

Corbyn dug his own grave today. I’ve no sympathy for him. All he had to do was say that he accepted the report in full and recognised the need to acknowledge the problems identified by an independent report. 

Instead he said the findings had “dramatically overstated” the problem and refused to retract the statement. Giving an easy attack line to the Tories. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Good points.

Whilst I'm very pro-Starmer I also want to point out that I was in the end a Corbyn fan and desperately wanted him to become PM. I believe we'd be in a better position now if he was. I hope no one takes my comments being any slight on Corbyn at all. Corbyn was actually the first Labour leader that convinced me to vote for Labour and this was when before 2017 I thought I could never vote for a non-remain party. However after seeing his policies, him campaigning and him at Glastonbury whilst I was there; convinced me he would make a good PM. There were evenings last year during Brexit votes I was shouting in my living room in support of Corbyn when he would stand up and speak in response to a government defeat.

It is a shame that the party can't unite and face the biggest threat to this country, the Tories. That is on both sides, the left and centre left. I hope that the party can learn from the EHRC report, support the people effected and start to move on from all of this.

I never take your comments about Starmer as an attack on Corbyn, and honestly would be fine with Starmer if he did the same balancing act as Biden (adopt some of the policies, appeal to right wing people  and do the occasional dig at the left if he feels he must). 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

I never take your comments about Starmer as an attack on Corbyn, and honestly would be fine with Starmer if he did the same balancing act as Biden (adopt some of the policies, appeal to right wing people  and do the occasional dig at the left if he feels he must). 

That does seem to be the route back to power for the centre left, its worked in NZ and appears to be working in the US (if you believe the polls). 

8 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Corbyn dug his own grave today. I’ve no sympathy for him. All he had to do was say that he accepted the report in full and recognised the need to acknowledge the problems identified by an independent report. 

Instead he said the findings had “dramatically overstated” the problem and refused to retract the statement. Giving an easy attack line to the Tories. 

He's a principled man and tells the truth. It was dramatically overstated. As he said 0.03% of labour members were found to have been antisemitic, compared to a poll which suggested that the public assumed upto 1/3rd of labour members were antisemitic.

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Only anecdotal but if my circle is anything to go by he’s lost a lot of votes. Maybe he has gained a few from the blancmange fairweather voters, which bloc is the greater who knows. All I know is that I wont be voting for Brian badonde and his bully boys 🐍 🐍 🐍 

who you going to vote for then?

13 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The difference is Biden didn't kick Bernie Sanders out of the party on trumped up charges...

42 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Factional fighting when we're in the midst of a pandemic that's already killed 60,000 and while we're about to endure a long difficult winter is a horrific idea. I knew Starmer would do this which is why I didn't vote for him in the leadership contest. I'm on the left go the party, but jesus, can't we all just get along and work together FFS. Wish we'd learn from the US, where Biden might defeat Trump thanks to the centrists and left shelving hostilities (Biden conceding to the left with the Green New deal)- it's ultimately what we have to do, so why waste months, years wasting energy on civil war that will only alienate supporters and the public at large.

Can't express how infuriating it is to think anyone in the party thinks it's a good idea to go to war with each other in this current situation and when we're in such a precarious position as a party. 

I don't know...I think many are voting Biden just to get rid of Trump...not because they are particularly enthused by Biden.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

who you going to vote for then?

Green I guess. If I vote on principle I will always have a clean conscience. Luckily I was too young but I can't imagine how disgusted with myself I'd feel if I voted for Blair just to 'keep the tories out' and then got all the wars and corruption that followed

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't know...I think many are voting Biden just to get rid of Trump...not because they are particularly enthused by Biden.

100%. And its still close!

I really don't see Starmer winning in 2024. If he does it'll be propped up by the SNP and he'll have to agree to a second referendum.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Tier one (plus) Bristol is now about 50% top level lurgy on the covid map (with my own locality also now purple).

Can't be long until Bristol is tier 3.

I live in Keynsham so technically BANES although work across Bristol and South Glos.

Certainly an interesting couple of weeks coming up...

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Green I guess. If I vote on principle I will always have a clean conscience. 

Well, apart from adding to the chance of Tory victory (depending where you live, of course. feckin fptp).

The thing with all or nothing ideologues on the left is that they help the Tories win.

For all the while we have fptp a victory for the left requires people on the left to compromise.

How much do you really want something better than the Tories, or is polishing your halo enough for you?