When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

If you're a middle aged fart like me who doesn't go to pubs and bars for fun anymore there really isn't much difference between Tier3 and Tier2.

I guess the difference becomes when they go up to Tier 4 ( its coming ) or will they name it 3 + for clarity ? 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If you're a middle aged fart like me who doesn't go to pubs and bars for fun anymore there really isn't much difference between Tier3 and Tier2.

Yeah, it made no difference to my life. I mean, I went to the pub in the before times, but I've not been to the pub without having a meal since February and not been to one at all since September.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean...it's looks good for Starmer to look tough and decisive etc....but in terms of party unity the suspension of Corbyn could turn out to be a mistake.

Only anecdotal but if my circle is anything to go by he’s lost a lot of votes. Maybe he has gained a few from the blancmange fairweather voters, which bloc is the greater who knows. All I know is that I wont be voting for Brian badonde and his bully boys 🐍 🐍 🐍 

37 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, it made no difference to my life. I mean, I went to the pub in the before times, but I've not been to the pub without having a meal since February and not been to one at all since September.

I've only been to the pub for just a drink once since this started. And that was sat outside and on top of a mountain pass so ventilation was pretty good

58 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean...it's looks good for Starmer to look tough and decisive etc....but in terms of party unity the suspension of Corbyn could turn out to be a mistake.

Factional fighting when we're in the midst of a pandemic that's already killed 60,000 and while we're about to endure a long difficult winter is a horrific idea. I knew Starmer would do this which is why I didn't vote for him in the leadership contest. I'm on the left go the party, but jesus, can't we all just get along and work together FFS. Wish we'd learn from the US, where Biden might defeat Trump thanks to the centrists and left shelving hostilities (Biden conceding to the left with the Green New deal)- it's ultimately what we have to do, so why waste months, years wasting energy on civil war that will only alienate supporters and the public at large.

Can't express how infuriating it is to think anyone in the party thinks it's a good idea to go to war with each other in this current situation and when we're in such a precarious position as a party. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Quark said:

That's pretty much what happens to me & Mrs Q at weddings. We'll talk to people, so we get put on a table with all the dull people that no-one knows. We get to sit there having really boring conversations about what people do for a living and where their kids go to school (full disclosure: we don't care) while we can see / hear our actual friends having a blast on the group tables.

Fuck weddings.

At our own wedding one of my ushers' wives got off with another male friend which ended up with them disappearing into the undergrowth for a clandestine sh*g.  Ripped his Commes des Garçons shirt on the brambles.  That'll learn him.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Factional fighting when we're in the midst of a pandemic that's already killed 60,000 and while we're about to endure a long difficult winter is a horrific idea. I knew Starmer would do this which is why I didn't vote for him in the leadership contest. I'm on the left go the party, but jesus, can't we all just get along and work together FFS. Wish we'd learn from the US, where Biden might defeat Trump thanks to the centrists and left shelving hostilities (Biden conceding to the left with the Green New deal)- it's ultimately what we have to do, so why waste months, years wasting energy on civil war that will only alienate supporters and the public at large.

Can't express how infuriating it is to think anyone in the party thinks it's a good idea to go to war with each other in this current situation and when we're in such a precarious position as a party. 

Good points.

Whilst I'm very pro-Starmer I also want to point out that I was in the end a Corbyn fan and desperately wanted him to become PM. I believe we'd be in a better position now if he was. I hope no one takes my comments being any slight on Corbyn at all. Corbyn was actually the first Labour leader that convinced me to vote for Labour and this was when before 2017 I thought I could never vote for a non-remain party. However after seeing his policies, him campaigning and him at Glastonbury whilst I was there; convinced me he would make a good PM. There were evenings last year during Brexit votes I was shouting in my living room in support of Corbyn when he would stand up and speak in response to a government defeat.

It is a shame that the party can't unite and face the biggest threat to this country, the Tories. That is on both sides, the left and centre left. I hope that the party can learn from the EHRC report, support the people effected and start to move on from all of this.