When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Nailed it. 100%.

You have to wonder how long they’re going to drag their feet on this circuit break/lockdown. They clearly think it’s an egg-on-face move and an admission of defeat in how they’ve handled it, but grow up, stop worrying about saving face and make the strong decision. For a government elected on the myth they were strong and decisive, they couldn’t be further from it. Get a fucking grip.

100% this - out of upvotes. It's horrendous to think that they likely will do the wrong thing just to save face, but that's where we are.

This is the first week where we have had no press briefing for a few weeks now isn't it? Definitely on hols then.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yep - continue to save face rather than lives. Sounds about right.

One way or another we will be in lockdown again. The question is when and for how long. Sooner and shorter or later and longer?

I am just so angry this morning. I'm just so angry at the government for just so completely fucking this up. I've been angry at them this whole time, I was angry at them before just for being the disgusting Tories that they are, but what galls me the most is that I genuinely believe that Boris Johnson does. not. care. He does not care that this country is being ravaged by this virus. He does not care. He is bored of it. He is nowhere to be seen. He takes no responsibility. He doesn't want it to be his problem.

IT FUCKING IS HIS PROBLEM. 

HE'S THE FUCKING PRIME MINISTER. IT IS HIS FUCKING PROBLEM. He should be trying to fix it the best way he can, with the best knowledge he has available to him! Trying to make people feel safe and like there is a plan, like there is a chance we might get through this with all of our loved ones. Like there is a chance we actually might be able to all be together again.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like govt holding out against a circuit break lockdown and going to try and go for the moonshot test thing.

Models show the virus will continue to affect our lives for a long time even with rapid testing and vaccination. Forget saving Christmas, saving next summer's holiday season is a better objective.

Just now, Lycra said:

Models show the virus will continue to affect our lives for a long time even with rapid testing and vaccination. Forget saving Christmas, saving next summer's holiday season is a better objective.

Based on current trends and the deep economic damage caused by lockdowns, any rapid testing or strong vaccine will be rushed out to let people out of covid prison sooner . People aren't going to be receptive to social distancing restrictions with those things in place (they barely are at the moment)

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I am just so angry this morning. I'm just so angry at the government for just so completely fucking this up. I've been angry at them this whole time, I was angry at them before just for being the disgusting Tories that they are, but what galls me the most is that I genuinely believe that Boris Johnson does. not. care. He does not care that this country is being ravaged by this virus. He does not care. He is bored of it. He is nowhere to be seen. He takes no responsibility. He doesn't want it to be his problem.

HE'S THE FUCKING PRIME MINISTER. IT IS HIS FUCKING PROBLEM. He should be trying to fix it the best way he can, with the best knowledge he has available to him! Trying to make people feel safe and like there is a plan, like there is a chance we might get through this with all of our loved ones. Like there is a chance we actually might be able to all be together again.

This is what’s coming home to roost with Trump and Boris. They are NOT leaders for a crisis. They were voted in for the no nonsense, shake up the system approach. Less intrusive governments pushing deregulation and privatisation, giving people more “freedom”. Then people are surprised when they show zero leadership in a crisis. This is exactly what people voted for and I’m not sure you have a right to complain if you voted for either of them. This is obviously how they would handle something like this (I.e not handle it and trust in the “common sense” of people). That’s why we didn’t vote for them, but hopefully it’s a wake up call for those who did (a very costly wake up call mind you).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

This is what’s coming home to roost with Trump and Boris. They are NOT leaders for a crisis. They were voted in for the no nonsense, shake up the system approach. Less intrusive governments pushing deregulation and privatisation, giving people more “freedom”. Then people are surprised when they show zero leadership in a crisis. This is exactly what people voted for and I’m not sure you have a right to complain if you voted for either of them. This is obviously how they would handle something like this (I.e not handle it and trust in the “common sense” of people). That’s why we didn’t vote for them, but hopefully it’s a wake up call for those who did (a very costly wake up call mind you).

They are not leaders at all. 

14 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I don't think he's bored of it or doesn't care. I think its more likely he's petrified and is completely out of his depth and he knows it. With the brexit and coronavirus double whammy this is way more then bumbling boris ever bargained for. How could it not be? I think he probably wishes the ground would open up and swallow him. No PM has had to face up to anything like this since WW2, and I'm not making excuses for him I think he's a prick, he's completely given the irish the 2 fingers with brexit. Maybe he'll have a breakdown and be carted out of number 10 babbling incoherently and whoever is number 2 can take orders from cummings instead.

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

I don't think he's bored of it or doesn't care. I think its more likely he's petrified and is completely out of his depth and he knows it. With the brexit and coronavirus double whammy this is way more then bumbling boris ever bargained for. How could it not be? I think he probably wishes the ground would open up and swallow him. No PM has had to face up to anything like this since WW2, and I'm not making excuses for him I think he's a prick, he's completely given the irish the 2 fingers with brexit. Maybe he'll have a breakdown and be carted out of number 10 babbling incoherently and whoever is number 2 can take orders from cummings instead.

It could be that way, it could. All I'm saying is that I just don't believe he is having sleepless nights over this, agonising over the situation. I just can't picture it. It just seems that he's exhibiting his same workshy tendencies that he always has, in the middle of the biggest crisis this country has faced since WW2. It's that that makes me think he doesn't give a shit, because if he did, I'd like to think he'd be actually trying to demonstrate some form of leadership. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Someones found a loophole:

DA0CB53B-3582-4B0F-ABDD-2FB97A26E48D.jpeg.d6e54d8f6e7fefcb9c37cc962cae08bc.jpeg

The problem is the joke is on us because it’s us and our family’s that will be affected .... it’s doubtful they will suffer to the same levels ... the virus needs controlling not people finding loopholes to find ways around restrictions ... frustrating as the fuckups are to everyone 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Based on current trends and the deep economic damage caused by lockdowns, any rapid testing or strong vaccine will be rushed out to let people out of covid prison sooner . People aren't going to be receptive to social distancing restrictions with those things in place (they barely are at the moment)

That's the great hope of all governments. History shows however mass vaccination programmes take time to roll out, miss people and do not provide immunity for all recipients. Thus the number of new covid infections may not decline as quickly as many hope.

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Some interesting info from RCGP/Oxford Uni...  Apparently their sample size is 7 million people plus so should be very telling. Cases have dropped massively in the NW and London in the last week apparently....

image-5-1024x407.png

image-2-3-1024x419.png

This is where I get so confused, there are hundred of reports telling us cases are rising e.g. today's 100,000 infections report, but then you get reports like this saying cases are falling. Add to this last weeks report of the R rate falling and now today they say it could be double. It just doesn't make sense and makes me feel rather disillusioned about the situation 

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

That's the great hope of all governments. History shows however mass vaccination programmes take time to roll out, miss people and do not provide immunity for all recipients. Thus the number of new covid infections may not decline as quickly as many hope.

That’s a really interest and sobering insight. 

Day by day everything I see follows the same pattern, literally this:

Vaccine is coming soon! next day Vaccine won't be very good!

Study shows infection levels slowing / decreasing! next day Study says we're absolutely riddled!

The R rate is coming down! next day The R rate is above 2 in every region!

It's absolutely embarrassing.

Government & the media have absolutely shithoused us during this. 

• Upvote 4