When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

Appreciate that this is the NHS equivalent of “My cousin’s husbands’ colleague is Michael’s great nephew and he says Led Zeppelin are headlining”, but some potentially good news at least :) 

Ha ha.  For a split second I thought..................!  But  I was all dazed and confused 

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

unenforceable yes .... ridiculous I would say not .... Its just like the rule of 6 really 

I'm very much on the side of taking more measures, it turns out I've just found my line of what I consider ridiculous, and it's wearing a mask in my own house with my family who I live with.

Nah man, sod that, it is ridiculous. Housemates, maybe, but my wife and child? Utterly pointless.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm very much on the side of taking more measures, it turns out I've just found my line of what I consider ridiculous, and it's wearing a mask in my own house with my family who I live with.

Nah man, sod that, it is ridiculous. Housemates, maybe, but my wife and child? Utterly pointless.

sorry I didnt read the article I made the assumption it was about when visiting family ... 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

sorry I didnt read the article I made the assumption it was about when visiting family ... 

Nor did I! I thought you were saying masks in your home with people are both members of your household and family (i.e no visitors) wasn't ridiculous.

They're not really saying that in France are they? Masks aren't magic, surely that's useless.

27 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

That could be read as wearing a mask when visiting family rather than at your own home.

That's how I've read it too

I also think allowing family to see each other (with masks) and reducing other social contact is a lot more sensible and more likely to be adhered to than our 'no household mixing' ( allow couples too obviously) 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nor did I! I thought you were saying masks in your home with people are both members of your household and family (i.e no visitors) wasn't ridiculous.

They're not really saying that in France are they? Masks aren't magic, surely that's useless.

crossed wires I think ....maybe the only time id consider it living with someone is if they were showing symptoms ? 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

crossed wires I think ....maybe the only time id consider it living with someone is if they were showing symptoms ? 

Yeah, if I had a housemate and one of us was showing symptoms, I might try to take measures, everyone wear a mask when not in their own room, but mainly just stay in our bedrooms. But not family I live with.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, if I had a housemate and one of us was showing symptoms, I might try to take measures, everyone wear a mask when not in their own room, but mainly just stay in our bedrooms. But not family I live with.

hypothetically id probably consider it with family I lived with ... but maybe I speak more from my worries about being vulnerable ... 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Part of me think the Cabinet just sit round a table clueless, then all of a sudden someone has the idea that Christmas ‘might not be possible’ in its normal guise this year. The rest of them just go ‘Oh yeah...’

The issue is Boris promised us normality by christmas (not that we were convinced anyways) but now he has to turn back and potentially say things will have to be different this year which will really set the cat amongst the pigeons 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The issue is Boris promised us normality by christmas (not that we were convinced anyways) but now he has to turn back and potentially say things will have to be different this year which will really set the cat amongst the pigeons 

He’s made that bed for himself. I think we all said at the time it was an odd move promising a normal Christmas. He’s been hoisted by his own petard.