When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

So where I live the rate is 89 per 100,000 but all hospitality is shut down and I can't visit my Mum even in her garden.  Oh maybe next week the pub's will be allowed to open but not to sell alcohol Go figure.  

It doesn't make much sense does it when you compare differing parts of the country or even the UK! Part of me thinks they are trying to keep London out of tightened restrictions, plus Scotland has been more cautious to try to get ahead pf the virus. I know it's of no consolation to you though, I hope you'll be able to see your Mum soon.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Woo my borough is top of the pops!

Ruh roh! That means my sister is top too :o 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There isn't one. It's based on several factors, like the R number, the hospitalisations and probably political reasons too.

Thank you, think I'll be in tier 3 by middle of November the way it's increasing . 

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Wasn't that essentially what happened with the Spanish Flu? The 2nd wave was much worse than the first.

It was, but that was a proper 2nd wave wasn't it, a different strain or something? Whereas this is not really a 2nd wave, but the first one that never went away but it's spread was reduced by lockdown restrictions.

Also...Telegraph pointing out that this 2nd wave/spike/whatever will be flatter and wider than the first..which I guess means health services less likely to be overwhelmed, but could mean a higher number of deaths.

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

It was, but that was a proper 2nd wave wasn't it, a different strain or something? Whereas this is not really a 2nd wave, but the first one that never went away but's spread was reduced by lockdown restrictions.

Also...Telegraph pointing out that this 2nd wave will be flatter and wider than the first..which I guess means health services less likely to be overwhelmed, but could mean a higher number of deaths.

I don't know if it was a different strain but it is probably different to this now you say it, especially with the north being let out of lockdown too soon. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I know it's all the rage to be positive on here...and we are getting some good news on vaccines coming through....but this winter is going to be fucking dire.

It’ll be a slog, but if we know the vaccine has been approved then we are safe in the knowledge that it’s the last winter of this shit 💪🏻

• Upvote 2