When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The positivity rate was almost 10% today, the highest it’s been probably since the spring. I don’t personally take any good news from that.

Nothing positive to say about vaccine news or anything nah? It must be exhausting being as negative as you. You only come on the thread when bad numbers are released just to exclaim how bad they are. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Nothing positive to say about vaccine news or anything nah? It must be exhausting being as negative as you. You only come on the thread when bad numbers are released just to exclaim how bad they are. 

Yes I’m deliberately negative and I just come on here to try and get everyone down as well. You’re spot on.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

That's what I have seen anyway. Never seen you post anything positive at all tbh.

Well I’m sorry, I will just stop posting then. Clearly I’m not welcome here so I don’t need to share my opinions if they are constantly too negative for you.

Everyone is struggling through this, in different ways. I might come across on here as negative through stress and worry, not because I want to be negative. At the same time comments like yours aren’t helping my mental state either. So thank you. And goodbye for now 👋

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Well I’m sorry, I will just stop posting then. Clearly I’m not welcome here so I don’t need to share my opinions if they are constantly too negative for you.

Everyone is struggling through this, in different ways. I might come across on here as negative through stress and worry, not because I want to be negative. At the same time comments like yours aren’t helping my mental state either. So thank you. And goodbye for now 👋

I'm not asking you to stop posting. I am asking you to try be a bit more positive when there is defo positive news about! Apologies if i was overly harsh.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

I dont think anyone is asking anyone not to post here and you have been through the mill with this quite clearly ... what people would like is for you to be seeing some of the positives and I know how difficult that might be at times .... Its a really tough situation at the moment but its going to end at some point and for your own health you need to try to pick up on as many positives as you can ... ive been trying to do this myself of late and its helping me .... plenty of people here to help and the brighter times are around the corner ive no doubt .... 

• Upvote 1

So 90% of people who think they might have Covid don't? 

I would expect the percentage to be higher given that you have to have cause for having a test, I wonder if you did the same number of tests of the population randomly how many would come back positive. 

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont think anyone is asking anyone not to post here and you have been through the mill with this quite clearly ... what people would like is for you to be seeing some of the positives and I know how difficult that might be at times .... Its a really tough situation at the moment but its going to end at some point and for your own health you need to try to pick up on as many positives as you can ... ive been trying to do this myself of late and its helping me .... plenty of people here to help and the brighter times are around the corner ive no doubt .... 

I think we need to stick up for each other. Jamie has been here with us from the beginning and I feel we should try to support people and not pile on them (not saying you are). Jamie in the past has added a great deal to this thread and shouldn't be made to feel like he's being chased away, whether justified or not. I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said by the way, I completely agree with you. 

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

So 90% of people who think they might have Covid don't? 

I would expect the percentage to be higher given that you have to have cause for having a test, I wonder if you did the same number of tests of the population randomly how many would come back positive. 

A lot of that will be precautionary tests. I had mild symptoms and been in contact with people who have tested positive so my work insisted I was tested before I return to work. 

There’s also a lot of healthcare professionals who need weekly tests to make sure they are fine whether they have symptoms or not. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I think we need to stick up for each other. Jamie has been here with us from the beginning and I feel we should try to support people and not pile on them (not saying you are). Jamie in the past has added a great deal to this thread and shouldn't be made to feel like he's being chased away, whether justified or not. I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said by the way, I completely agree with you. 

as stated by poster  ... im not sure anyone is chasing anyone away and we all want the same in the end ......  everyone adds to this thread and makes it a discussion .... sometimes if im posting a particular way I might need a kick up the ass to get me to maybe think slightly differently and im open to that .... and thats how I hope most people are ... we should never stop trying to learn and be open to other peoples thoughts as difficult as it might seem when written on a forum ... 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

A lot of that will be precautionary tests. I had mild symptoms and been in contact with people who have tested positive so my work insisted I was tested before I return to work. 

There’s also a lot of healthcare professionals who need weekly tests to make sure they are fine whether they have symptoms or not. 

All of which I get the people being tested are still seen to be of above average chance of coming back positive and it's still only 10% 

Maybe I’m misinterpreting the data (more than likely) and it’s England only but it looks like a highish proportion of the deaths are not in hospitals - not that this makes it any better wherever the deaths are but maybe it’s not as bad as I thought regarding the latest therapeutics/procedures not working as well?

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/10/COVID-19-daily-announced-deaths-27-October-2020.xlsx

9771C4D1-D077-45F0-9F6D-299FB9424E05.jpeg

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

as stated by poster  ... im not sure anyone is chasing anyone away and we all want the same in the end ......  everyone adds to this thread and makes it a discussion .... sometimes if im posting a particular way I might need a kick up the ass to get me to maybe think slightly differently and im open to that .... and thats how I hope most people are ... we should never stop trying to learn and be open to other peoples thoughts as difficult as it might seem when written on a forum ... 

Yeah I know, Jamie didn't take it that way and it's a shame no one should be made to feel like that here. I hope he's ok.

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

@FestivalJamie is a good lad, he's been here from the beginning and like all of us has struggled with some aspects of this pandemic. He might post some more negative stuff but that's just where is at, at the moment. He's definitely adds a lot to the forum and discussion.

Yeah he's a good guy. I'm just a bit concerned he's getting too worked up about the situation to a dangerous degree for his own health. A bit of positivity is good. But he should deffo keep posting!

Honestly I think it's important to be calling each other out – obviously not in a harsh or unkind way – but it's good to keep each other in check because this situation is very easy to get obsessed over, worked up over, and that will ultimately impact your mental health. Someone being extremely negative a lot is a good indication that being part of this sort of discourse isn't helping them, regardless of who it is. I would welcome someone pointing that out to me, for example, because it'd make me step back a bit and ultimately that might be for the best.

Sometimes people need a break from being glued to threads like this and Twitter where it's constant updates, speculation, and chat that never resolves itself. It can feel like an endless rollercoaster. If you're already mentally tired, then it's only going to exacerbate that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Honestly I think it's important to be calling each other out – obviously not in a harsh or unkind way – but it's good to keep each other in check because this situation is very easy to get obsessed over, worked up over, and that will ultimately impact your mental health. Someone being extremely negative a lot is a good indication that being part of this sort of discourse isn't helping them, regardless of who it is. I would welcome someone pointing that out to me, for example, because it'd make me step back a bit and ultimately that might be for the best.

Sometimes people need a break from being glued to threads like this and Twitter where it's constant updates, speculation, and chat that never resolves itself. It can feel like an endless rollercoaster. If you're already mentally tired, then it's only going to exacerbate that.

I do agree, but sometimes the tough love approach but not be the right one. We can be nice about it at the same time, it’s not like he was rude or out of order after all. Sorry to be preachy I’ll shut up now 😂

15 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For all you London people:

So where I live the rate is 89 per 100,000 but all hospitality is shut down and I can't visit my Mum even in her garden.  Oh maybe next week the pub's will be allowed to open but not to sell alcohol Go figure.  

Edited by Lizzim
Unfinished