When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It's all come from a unverified twitter account with 3k followers, I'm not dusting off my pick n mix bag off just yet...

I love the idea that a shop that people remember as being good but was killed off by it basically being useless in the end and not keeping up with the online market is opening shops exclusive to the high streets, that were doing shit long before covid and doing worse since, despite it being completely unclear where we'll be at that point but I'm having a grain of salt with this news...

There were a lot of budget stores that popped up after the last recession that actually did very well, pound shops in particular. If all the chatter about 'the return of the local/smaller high street' is true now that more people are working from home and moving to suburban places, etc. it could be a smart move. I think it's certainly worth them trialling it.

10 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It's all come from a unverified twitter account with 3k followers, I'm not dusting off my pick n mix bag off just yet...

I love the idea that a shop that people remember as being good but was killed off by it basically being useless in the end and not keeping up with the online market is opening shops exclusive to the high streets, that were doing shit long before covid and doing worse since, despite it being completely unclear where we'll be at that point but I'm having a grain of salt with this news...

Yeah the company I work for deals a lot with retail news and they are calling bollocks on this at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm interested in this too as I'm pretty sure my partner has had it (not so sure about me, but think it would be weird if I hadn't got it from him). We had blood taken for the ONS study last week and am now wondering if it might show up negative even if we have had it, due to the antibodies fading.

You’d be genuinely surprised how often this seems to happen. I know quite a few couples where one of them had covid and didn’t pass on to their boyfriend/girlfriend despite sharing a bed for the entire isolation period. 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm interested in this too as I'm pretty sure my partner has had it (not so sure about me, but think it would be weird if I hadn't got it from him). We had blood taken for the ONS study last week and am now wondering if it might show up negative even if we have had it, due to the antibodies fading.

Actually I should rephrase this as I'm not "pretty sure" at all, I just strongly suspect it. But there were a lot of manky things going around in late Feb/early March so it's just as possible he had one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You’d be genuinely surprised how often this seems to happen. I know quite a few couples where one of them had covid and didn’t pass on to their boyfriend/girlfriend despite sharing a bed for the entire isolation period. 

I'm pretty curious about this, my old flatmate almost certainly had it and our flat was tiny so if they're saying I can get it from a pub beer garden or walking past someone in a shop I have no idea how any amount of logic would suggest I didn't get it as well. 

He tried isolating in his room but our flat was really small and he was sharing a bed with his girlfriend so we just ended up with him not. Obviously me and his girlfriend isolated in the flat for the next 2 weeks just in case we got symptoms but never did, which lines up with how many people they reckon are asymptomatic.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm pretty curious about this, my old flatmate almost certainly had it and our flat was tiny so if they're saying I can get it from a pub beer garden or walking past someone in a shop I have no idea how any amount of logic would suggest I didn't get it as well. 

He tried isolating in his room but our flat was really small and he was sharing a bed with his girlfriend so we just ended up with him not. Obviously me and his girlfriend isolated in the flat for the next 2 weeks just in case we got symptoms but never did, which lines up with how many people they reckon are asymptomatic.

You could have got it without being symptomatic, but I know several cases of people who were living with an infected person and repeatedly tested negative. I shared one story of a group of friends of mine who tried to catch the virus deliberately off their housemate who was positive and weren’t able to. I reckon a lot of people just aren’t contagious, whereas others are massively contagious superspreaders. 

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I have no idea how any amount of logic would suggest I didn't get it as well. 

there's been suggestions that certain blood types have greater immunity, as well as that exposure to other particular coronaviruses gives greater immunity.

And I saw something recently which suggested that SE Asia hadn't had big covid-19 outbreaks because of immunity acquired from SARS &/or MERS (I forget which).

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I never had a test to confirm I had Covid as it was in Jan before we really knew it was THAT much of a thing, though I’m absolutely convinced I had it as had all the symptoms. It hit me hard for about 4 or 5 days, couldn’t sleep at all for the coughing!

First couple of nights I slept in the bed with my fiancé, then moved to the spare room - mainly as the coughing was keeping her awake rather than worrying she could catch it.

She either (somehow) never got it or did but showed absolutely no symptoms.

14 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I never had a test to confirm I had Covid as it was in Jan before we really knew it was THAT much of a thing, though I’m absolutely convinced I had it as had all the symptoms. It hit me hard for about 4 or 5 days, couldn’t sleep at all for the coughing!

First couple of nights I slept in the bed with my fiancé, then moved to the spare room - mainly as the coughing was keeping her awake rather than worrying she could catch it.

She either (somehow) never got it or did but showed absolutely no symptoms.

We had a similar bug going round the office in Jan and all thought it was COVID. However one of the guys that was ill then picked up a bug from his wife in April and tested positive for COVID. So I guess it couldn’t have gone round our office.  

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's been suggestions that certain blood types have greater immunity, as well as that exposure to other particular coronaviruses gives greater immunity.

And I saw something recently which suggested that SE Asia hadn't had big covid-19 outbreaks because of immunity acquired from SARS &/or MERS (I forget which).

Interesting...

AB RH Positive gang, we immune lets go pub 

1 minute ago, Lizzim said:

I saw this and thought of you...

could very easily have been me .... this week we have the joys of familys bringing their kids on shopping trips .... if possible guys please leave the kids at home much safer for you and us ... very likely they won't be wearing masks it just adds up to feelings of being a bit more unsafe.