When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Do we think there might be some kind of situation after the initial rollout where you can pay to get the vaccine if not in a priority group? Is that how the flu vaccine works?

I'd be happy to pay quite a bit for it, just as I have in the past with various travel vaccines. Rabies costs an arm and a leg for example.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Out of upvotes but you'd be getting one if I wasn't :)

I hope although there are some differing / conflicting views on the covid situation that we can all share a beer / cider together come June 2021 or whenever the next festival may be.

absolutely ... we all want the same thing ultimately ... just we all have different thoughts on the way it should be achieved ... I dont think actually my thoughts on it are necessarily right .... we actually dont really know whats right and it might be sometime long away that we get some idea .... would love a cider with all of you in June :) 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do we think there might be some kind of situation after the initial rollout where you can pay to get the vaccine if not in a priority group? Is that how the flu vaccine works?

I'd be happy to pay quite a bit for it, just as I have in the past with various travel vaccines. Rabies costs an arm and a leg for example.

Maybe...one day...but they are going to need to distribute these vaccines on a massive scale, and people may need to take the vaccine once or twice a year...so depends on how much of it is available. To be honest I hope it is properly distributed globally before individuals can just buy it.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If there was some kind of vaccine passport that would buy you an exemption from the restrictions then I’d pay a fortune to get it. Possibly would be willing to pay a grand or more. But then I’m not sure as a society that we want to be going down a route where the haves can pay for a vaccine and free themselves from restrictions whereas the have nots have to stay in lockdown. It’s a tough call really. 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

If there was some kind of vaccine passport that would buy you an exemption from the restrictions then I’d pay a fortune to get it. Possibly would be willing to pay a grand or more. But then I’m not sure as a society that we want to be going down a route where the haves can pay for a vaccine and free themselves from restrictions whereas the have nots have to stay in lockdown. It’s a tough call really. 

I wouldn't want to be part of a society where only the wealthy can get a vaccine...which is probably why it will happen.

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Hopefully the covid vaccines are properly tested otherwise they might LITERALLY cost everyone an arm and a leg 😳

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522718-biden-stretches-lead-over-trump-in-mich-wis-and-penn-poll

A new poll finds Joe Biden stretching his lead over President Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania as late-breaking undecided voters say they intend to back the Democratic presidential nominee. 

The latest survey of likely voters in the three former “blue wall” states from the Elections Research Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison finds Biden nearly doubling his lead in each state compared to last month.

Crucially, Biden is above the 50 percent mark in all three states, while Trump remains mired in the low to mid-40s. 

ADVERTISEMENT

In Michigan, Biden leads by 10 points, 52 to 42. Five percent of voters remain undecided. The same poll from September found Biden with a 6-point advantage. 

The poll from Wisconsin finds Biden leading 53 to 44, with 3 percent undecided. Biden’s 9-point advantage is up from 4 points in September.

The closest state is Pennsylvania, where Biden leads 52 to 44, with 3 percent undecided. Biden has grown his lead from 4 points in September to 8 points now. 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good to see some positivity coming through on this thread today not just from me ..... like I said lets hope the vaccine makes some kind of difference very soon and we limit the damage of this virus to life  , livelihoods and mental health above everything else .... Might be time for another  poll once the vaccine arrives and we start to learn how effective it might be and more definite timescales for rollout .... Gigs around march time I think will happen with testing and followed by festivals in June when we are near the point of vaccination rollout completion ...

Even without a vaccine Glastonbury will be going ahead next summer. As I’ve stated before a larger testing system will enable the festival to go ahead. So whilst a vaccine would be very welcome it’s not the deciding factor. I guess what I’m saying is even if all vaccines stall then festivals will go ahead next summer. 

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe...one day...but they are going to need to distribute these vaccines on a massive scale, and people may need to take the vaccine once or twice a year...so depends on how much of it is available. To be honest I hope it is properly distributed globally before individuals can just buy it.

Yeah agreed, was thinking longer term.

To be clear, I'm not at all suggesting there should just be access for everyone who could afford it. I want to see vulnerable people and heath workers get it ahead of everyone else. But as with other optional vaccines just wondering if you might be able to get it even if it's not deemed essential for you to do so, if you see what I mean, a way down the line.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

To be clear, I'm not at all suggesting there should just be access for everyone who could afford it. I want to see vulnerable people and heath workers get it ahead of everyone else. But as with other optional vaccines just wondering if you might be able to get it even if it's not deemed essential for you to do so, if you see what I mean, a way down the line.

For a minute then I thought you were turning Tory on us 😉

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Even without a vaccine Glastonbury will be going ahead next summer. As I’ve stated before a larger testing system will enable the festival to go ahead. So whilst a vaccine would be very welcome it’s not the deciding factor. I guess what I’m saying is even if all vaccines stall then festivals will go ahead next summer. 

Isn't that what Michael Eavis said recently?

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Maybe. problem is we don't know how long these vaccines last, people may need top ups once or twice a year...so that will be a massive demand. But..maybe, if the price is right. I think if you're under 50...and most of the vulnerable are getting vaccinated...then probably no need...although long covid can be a problem.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha no. I'd like everyone to get it for free that needs it. But just thinking that as someone who could afford it I would be happy to pay for it.

I agree with that. I’d be happy to pay for it if I really needed it or I was coming into contact with someone that could be vulnerable.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Isn't that what Michael Eavis said recently?

Me and Michael are one. 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe. problem is we don't know how long these vaccines last, people may need top ups once or twice a year...so that will be a massive demand. But..maybe, if the price is right. I think if you're under 50...and most of the vulnerable are getting vaccinated...then probably no need...although long covid can be a problem.

Yeah you're probably right. Partly thinking of long Covid, which I really don't want, but also thinking that if immunity is only partial or temporary than the more of us that have it the better.

As I say though it's a way down the line, just thinking "out loud" really.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah you're probably right. Partly thinking of long Covid, which I really don't want, but also thinking that if immunity is only partial or temporary than the more of us that have it the better.

As I say though it's a way down the line, just thinking "out loud" really.

My only hypothetical thought is that would any vaccines available privately be taking away one from someone who needs it and can’t afford it? I’ve no idea if that is even a thing that can happen!

Just now, Ozanne said:

My only hypothetical thought is that would any vaccines available privately be taking away one from someone who needs it and can’t afford it? I’ve no idea if that is even a thing that can happen!

Yeah I obviously wouldn't want to take one in that situation. But I have no idea how this stuff works really.