When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

That was life before COVID anyway for me pretty much 😂

^^^ This is pretty much the dividing line for those who think the restrictions are not too bad and those who hate them btw. There’s a significant portion of people out there who’s pre-pandemic life consisted of playing video games and w*nking in their mum’s basement. Those types will be delighted that the rest of society is now forced to live life through that prism. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

25 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

^^^ This is pretty much the dividing line for those who think the restrictions are not too bad and those who hate them btw. There’s a significant portion of people out there who’s pre-pandemic life consisted of playing video games and w*nking in their mum’s basement. Those types will be delighted that the rest of society is now forced to live life through that prism. 

I can't wait to see him bite...

You are such a troll.😂😂

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Good on the current election state of play

Yeah this follows all info I’ve been seeing so far. However the 26th Oct was the date of the Hillary emails were announced in 2016 so it’s not over yet. I don’t want to get complacent at all been burned before!

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Covid and scientists having a football game on Xmas eve

Absolute joke if this happens. Can't do anything but because it's Christmas lets go and spread the disease. Either restrictions stay put or the restrictions are lifted. Not oh let's do it for one day because of the day.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I wasn’t even meaning him specifically. He has a kid so it’s very different. But if you look on reddit there’s a lot of lone weirdos that absolutely love lockdown. 

Thanks but I feel the need to clarify the kid isn’t mine, he’s my eldest nephew. I couldn’t handle a kid of my own 😂

14 minutes ago, foolee said:

Absolute joke if this happens. Can't do anything but because it's Christmas lets go and spread the disease. Either restrictions stay put or the restrictions are lifted. Not oh let's do it for one day because of the day.

I agree, a day off fighting the virus could lead to growing infections a couple of weeks down the line. Even if it is just a day. 

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah this follows all info I’ve been seeing so far. However the 26th Oct was the date of the Hillary emails were announced in 2016 so it’s not over yet. I don’t want to get complacent at all been burned before!

I think that’s where most of us who follow it closely are at. We know what the polls say, and what that means historically. We know national polls don’t really matter in state based contests, but provide a good guide and candidates have won from worse positions in the past. We know the state polls had some misses last time, but the pollsters think they have the right adjustments, and regardless they still aren’t as close as 2016. Even with a genuine October surprise, the undecideds that all flowed late to Trump last time aren’t there this time around.

But still…. It’s 2020. Even with all the evidence out there, I can’t shake the overwhelming feeling that something is going to go wrong. Even a win on the night (or days after) and I’ll still be expecting faithless electors to change votes at the electoral college vote.

27 minutes ago, foolee said:

There will be zero compliance of COVID restrictions at Christmas. They might as well let people get on with it.

For my Nan Christmas is the best day of the year and she waits all year for it. She’s already said to my mum that if she’s high risk and likely to get very ill with COVID, she’d rather have one last Christmas before she does.