When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cases around the 20k mark from Tuesday till Sunday seems like a plateau to me .... looking at the way France went they have just continued the same trajectory ... it’s always worth trying to see some positives at times and that’s what I try to do ... now if tomoro we get 30,000 cases I’ll be more than happy to say i was wrong but for now I’ll stick 

I'm not being negative just commenting on the trends of the numbers. I just think it's a bit early to say they are plateauing given case numbers have risen quicker in the previous week compared to the last especially as we've only fairly recently reached the 20k mark and have gone past that. I'm glad you are looking for the positives though!

Edited by Ozanne

36 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I feel like the kid in the Emperors New Clothes on this but its very relevant.

Theres all this modelling and issuing of rules and academic debate about different Declarations and in reality Fatigue is real and Compliance is fading.

I think there's probably an element of, if people don't see something with their own eyes, they don't quite think it exists (or it doesn't seem so real or urgent)- in many ways, this most recent surge has been invisible to a lot of people, so it's almost like the idea of eating healthy (they know they should do it, but probably don't most of the time, because the threat of not doing so seems so distant and far off). If deaths start sky rocketing, or wards get visibly overloaded, or they have direct experience of knowing someone who dies, then compliance would also soar (like if someone you know suddenly has a heart attack- suddenly the healthy eating thing becomes a more urgent reality). Unfortunately by that point it'll be a bit too late due to the lag between infections and hospitalisation.

Remember before the first lockdown there was lots of photos and coverage of the situation in Italy and China (and the NY hospitals), this time there seems to be very little

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Yeah for sure. Young voters ain't going trump

fingers crossed for some positive news to end this year then .... along with some sort of vaccine news ..... things slowly might start looking up .... we just need a way to remove our Government now ..... 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

fingers crossed for some positive news to end this year then .... along with some sort of vaccine news ..... things slowly might start looking up .... we just need a way to remove our Government now ..... 

It's not on the same scale but we've already had Jacinda Ardern win in NZ.