When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, Homer said:

Lee Hurst trending on Twitter with his rebellious right wing schtick (I actually quite like LH - I used to go to his comedy club a fair bit - but he's not really helping himself here):
image.png.dfdc53813983301a6fffacb55c202a37.png

One of the responses to this made me smile... surprised I've not seen this before.

Screenshot_20201025-145825_Twitter.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Pretty sure tier 3 is no meeting anywhere...

As others have said this isn't true. 

Which does sort of speak to my point about poor understanding of the rules, even now.

"The rule of six continues to apply to outdoor public spaces, such as parks, beaches, public gardens or sports venues."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/25/tier-3-lockdown-rules-england-latest-coronavirus-restrictions-explained

21 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I assume we’re also withholding treatment to those with underlying conditions caused by obesity or alcoholism or smoking as well then?

what a load of tosh. 

I think this is what is described as a “whooooosh” moment. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You don’t want restrictions do you ? Any suggestions how to improve compliance 

I’m fine with hospitality closures, event banning etc. I just don’t think the government should be allowed to police who we can visit in their own homes or restrict outdoor exercise.

For compliance, I think paying people to isolate would be a big game changer. 

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Frustration is rising as clampdowns spread across UK: are we in grip of Covid fatigue?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/25/frustration-is-rising-as-clampdowns-spread-across-uk-are-we-in-grip-of-covid-fatigue

I feel like the kid in the Emperors New Clothes on this but its very relevant.

Theres all this modelling and issuing of rules and academic debate about different Declarations and in reality Fatigue is real and Compliance is fading.

Just now, Ozanne said:

It doesn't look like it sadly, the 7 day average has breached 21k and continues to rise. Sorry.

We don’t seem to have the extreme growth we were having a week ago ... I would say ... the last 4 or 5 days have fluctuated around 20,000  and yes the average has  increased but to me it looks like a slight slowing 

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m fine with hospitality closures, event banning etc. I just don’t think the government should be allowed to police who we can visit in their own homes or restrict outdoor exercise.

For compliance, I think paying people to isolate would be a big game changer. 

Making Isolation financially viable would have been amazingly successful. Never gonna happen with the Tories though.

Any strategy that relies on people obeying the Government telling them what they can do in their own homes is doomed to fail.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We don’t seem to have the extreme growth we were having a week ago ... I would say ... the last 4 or 5 days have fluctuated around 20,000  and yes the average has  increased but to me it looks like a slight slowing 

You're right. Compared to the same day last week it's a 16.5% increase. The weeks before it was a 25% increase compared to the same day.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Total cases were up more in the past 7 days than they were in the 7 days before that so I don't think as a whole they are slowing a great deal. The increase on this Sunday compared to last Sunday might be less severe and whilst it could be the start of a plateau it's probably still early to tell.

Cases are around the 20k at the moment but that's mainly because they have just got to the 20k mark, which they did on Tuesday. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Total cases were up more in the past 7 days than they were in the 7 days before that so I don't think as a whole they are slowing a great deal. The increase on this Sunday compared to last Sunday might be less severe and whilst it could be the start of a plateau it's probably still early to tell.

Cases are around the 20k at the moment but that's mainly because they have just got to the 20k mark, which they did on Tuesday. 

7 day %growth rate change times are slowing

Just looking at the numbers could give you a misleading figure. 

Edited by Leyrulion

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Cases around the 20k mark from Tuesday till Sunday seems like a plateau to me .... looking at the way France went they have just continued the same trajectory ... it’s always worth trying to see some positives at times and that’s what I try to do ... now if tomoro we get 30,000 cases I’ll be more than happy to say i was wrong but for now I’ll stick 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cases around the 20k mark from Tuesday till Sunday seems like a plateau to me .... looking at the way France went they have just continued the same trajectory ... it’s always worth trying to see some positives at times and that’s what I try to do ... now if tomoro we get 30,000 cases I’ll be more than happy to say i was wrong but for now I’ll stick 

Would upvote for positivity if I could.