When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 hours ago, ogriff said:

The Mrs is on the Oxford trial, and while we have no idea if she's had the actual vaccine or is in the control group, we have a sense that a) she's had the vaccine, and b) it works. 

This is mainly because she is a geriatrician on a ward (south yorks) where everyone is either Covid positive or their weekly test justt isn't back yet, the infection control is pretty whack due to the hospital being old and utterly unsuited for a pandemic, and docs and nurses (who aren't on the trial) are dropping like flies. Yet, she's completely fine. So, I'm hopeful, if they can ramp this thing up to scale...

^^^ Oxford vaccine confirmed 

12 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Speaking from a personal point of view I find it really bizarre people can be comfortable with this sort of thing.

It’s a terrible idea on every level. It forces people to do more than one shop visit which is bad for Virus Control. It will force some people to shop Online when previously they didn’t know just how convenient it is, and that’s bad for local Businesses. It’s over controlling and intrusive, which is bad for Compliance and Trust. It’s inconvenient for an already fatigued population, which is bad for Compliance. 

This has nothing to do with Science. Once Trust is gone it’s very hard to get back

Its the perfect example of a policy dreamt up in a meeting room that sounded good because nobody actually stopped to think of it’s real world effects.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

She came across as a lovely warm hearted person in it. I personally don't think the family should be angry about how she was portrayed & think the quote from the lawsuit was a bit over the top:

"In the legal documents, Evans’ estate claimed that she was “horrified and upset” after learning that the film “was actually a comedy intended to mock the Holocaust and Jewish culture”.

I can see how anyone that is from Khazikstan could be offended by Borat as it portrays it as a backward place.

But the other offensive stuff he says is clearly him trying to encourage arseholes to reveal their true self so he can expose them.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a34458766/borat-2-real-fake-rudy-giuliani-ending-spoilers/

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Lee Hurst trending on Twitter with his rebellious right wing schtick (I actually quite like LH - I used to go to his comedy club a fair bit - but he's not really helping himself here):
image.png.dfdc53813983301a6fffacb55c202a37.png

I got blocked by him. A moment of personal triumph.

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

This is massively logical and sensible. So they almost certainly won’t do it.

I’m surprised this isn’t already how it’s done. 7 day follow up test for close contacts that test negative is standard practice here (compliance with turning up for the second test is a problem, but two tests a week apart is how the testing strategy is set up). If you can get people back for the second test, it works very well.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

they've already rolled out a mass vaccination programme before xmas, for the flu jab. :P 

The covid vax is having new improved plans made so it can be rolled out even faster. It's the one part of everything I reckon our useless govt stand a chance of doing right.

Having said that, whether it can actually be rolled out faster depends on having enough vaccine - which is far from certain, and I'm quite happy for the UK not to put itself at the front of the world queue.

Yeah they’ll be all over this.

TTI is expensive, complicated and invisible to a lot of people.

A mass Vaccination program is easier, makes great TV, is a huge easy-to-understand Vote Winner and if a few (insert letter)illion disappear into some of their Friends Companies who will care? It’s over!

10 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I’m surprised this isn’t already how it’s done. 7 day follow up test for close contacts that test negative is standard practice here (compliance with turning up for the second test is a problem, but two tests a week apart is how the testing strategy is set up). If you can get people back for the second test, it works very well.

It seems really sensible. The Tories are slow to react even to stuff like this that seems pretty sensible and would be popular though.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Don’t say that I’ve got mine booked next week :( ... I presume that the pre booked vulnerable have stock put aside ... fingers crossed 🤞 

Don't worry, I'm talking about the pharmacy ones you need to pay for/use a voucher. No reports of Drs etc. running low.

Name the song

'Oh, is this the way they say the future's meant to feel?
Or just twenty thousand schoolkids starving in a field?
And I don't quite understand just who this Rashford is
But that's okay 'cause we're all sorted out for violins and jizz
And tell me when the Brexit lands 'cause all this has just got to mean something-ing