When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I'm confused dude, you can't visit tier 3 and mix with other households. Are you your mum's support bubble? If not, Xmas dinner in pub not allowed either if you were in a tier 3 area, or if a person is from there...

Not telling you what to do, by the way...

My mum and me are in tier 1 at the mo. She lives alone so I guess that makes a support bubble?

Whatever, unless the pub cancel on me it's what I'll be doing. Not having my mum on her own.

The tier 3 thing is to move my son from Liverpool to Devon. It mixes households but there's no other way.

Edited by eFestivals

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

My mum and me are in tier 1 at the mo. She lives alone so I guess that makes a support bubble?

Whatever, unless the pub cancel on me it's what I'll be doing. Not having my mum on her own.

The tier 3 thing is to move my son from Liverpool to Devon. It mixes households but there's no other way.

Yeah you can support bubble as she lives on her own. That’s been kept for nearly every area of the uk that’s gone into lockdown as well. 

29 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well, not quite actually...he's on this from 1:33.30

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000nsr1

Interesting that he suggested a Christmas Day relaxation of some degree might be possible.

He also said “I’m seeing my son and no one else right now”. Makes a change from the actual lockdown (that was his idea remember) where he was getting his end away with a married woman 🙄

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Neil Ferguson on Christmas. I’d only add it’s not really just about the one or two days but he’s spot on here. 

0B371CBE-B023-4F60-B767-B20D6ADA8FE6.jpeg

It could well be limited to Christmas Day and Boxing Day only IMO. Rule of six permitted in the entire country (including tiers 2 and 3) on the 25th between 10am-10pm and under 18s are exempt, so you can have up to 3 families with their children. And that’s it. No “mad Friday”, no Christmas Eve gatherings, new year cancelled. That’s what I’d be looking to do. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

It could well be limited to Christmas Day and Boxing Day only IMO. Rule of six permitted in the entire country (including tiers 2 and 3) on the 25th between 10am-10pm and under 18s are exempt, so you can have up to 3 families with their children. And that’s it. No “mad Friday”, no Christmas Eve gatherings, new year cancelled. That’s what I’d be looking to do. 

I’ve explained why Christmas is risky especially with families meeting in a poorly ventilated rooms in winter with older/vulnerable family members present. As a result of that infections will likely spread after those 2 days, hence why it isn’t just about Christmas and Boxing Day. That’s how this works you just don’t want to see it as you only care about what you want to be able to do. 

What you are suggesting will never happen, they won’t put a time limit on the day. Plus they are even looking at relaxing the rule of 6 for Christmas. Any rules that get put in I’m sure you’ll look at how you can get round them like you did when you moved out of London a day before tier 2 was introduced. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve explained why Christmas is risky especially with families meeting in a poorly ventilated rooms in winter with older/vulnerable family members present. As a result of that infections will likely spread after those 2 days, hence why it isn’t just about Christmas and Boxing Day. That’s how this works you just don’t want to see it as you only care about what you want to be able to do. 

What you are suggesting will never happen, they won’t put a time limit on the day. Plus they are even looking at relaxing the rule of 6 for Christmas. Any rules that get put in I’m sure you’ll look at how you can get round them like you did when you moved out of London a day before tier 2 was introduced. 

Ferguson himself literally said the impact would be "limited"

31 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Interesting that he suggested a Christmas Day relaxation of some degree might be possible.

He also said “I’m seeing my son and no one else right now”. Makes a change from the actual lockdown (that was his idea remember) where he was getting his end away with a married woman 🙄

I'm not sure the lockdown was just his idea.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

She came across as a lovely warm hearted person in it. I personally don't think the family should be angry about how she was portrayed & think the quote from the lawsuit was a bit over the top:

"In the legal documents, Evans’ estate claimed that she was “horrified and upset” after learning that the film “was actually a comedy intended to mock the Holocaust and Jewish culture”.

I can see how anyone that is from Khazikstan could be offended by Borat as it portrays it as a backward place.

But the other offensive stuff he says is clearly him trying to encourage arseholes to reveal their true self so he can expose them.

I can see why people might be annoyed around it but part of me just doesn't understand the whole hoo-ha around Christmas. I know it's slightly different because of the scale of it but we've seen we can do events differently and in a safe way (e.g. VE Day Celebrations and Easter), we the British can adapt to anything and I'm sure we'll be able to the same for both the Christmas and New Year period 

33 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

He said bird flu could kill 150m.

and it could. If had same as what happened in 1918, and with the growth of the world population, then this definitely could happen, which is why we should be prepared for it....and apparently we were quite well prepared for a flu pandemic...but as it turns out not a coronavirus pandemic.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and it could. If had same as what happened in 1918, and with the growth of the world population, then this definitely could happen, which is why we should be prepared for it....and apparently we were quite well prepared for a flu pandemic...but as it turns out not a coronavirus pandemic.

I wouldn’t bother it doesn’t make any difference. 

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

She came across as a lovely warm hearted person in it. I personally don't think the family should be angry about how she was portrayed & think the quote from the lawsuit was a bit over the top:

"In the legal documents, Evans’ estate claimed that she was “horrified and upset” after learning that the film “was actually a comedy intended to mock the Holocaust and Jewish culture”.

I can see how anyone that is from Khazikstan could be offended by Borat as it portrays it as a backward place.

But the other offensive stuff he says is clearly him trying to encourage arseholes to reveal their true self so he can expose them.

I agree. But the fact that they are upset about it does make me feel a bit uncomfortable about those scenes personally. She was one of the heroes of the film and came across like a lovely woman.