When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

17 hours ago, steviewevie said:

From the article "There's to date no real precedent for the circuit-breaker approach. "

Hmmm, Possibly the country that coined the term may have been a good example to reference; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Singapore_circuit_breaker_measures

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Remember our Christmas conversation on here? No surprise Spaffer has done the opposite...

EA54AD34-D572-4E94-A6CB-2A4CAAFDD600.jpeg

i've just booked a pub for xmas day, as that works for an xmas day visit to my mum. As she lives alone and pubs-with-food should be staying open in all tiers, it should be within the rules in all circumstances. Fingers crossed.

And next weekend I have to venture into tier 3 for some household mixing because that's a better outcome than the homeless alternative. Presumably that's allowed?

Edited by eFestivals

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We just watched it. Enjoyed it mainly and did laugh a lot. The Giuliani bit a definite highlight. Could have done without the synagogue bit personally, but I could we what he was trying to do.

The synagogue part was an attack on Facebook. It was ok, but a bit forced. 

10 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The synagogue part was an attack on Facebook. It was ok, but a bit forced. 

Yeah I got it. I heard that one of the ladies is now dead though and her family were unhappy about it being included, which made me feel a bit weird about it. Anyway on the whole I liked the film as I say.

Christmas already cancelled here. With Mrs L nursing Covid patients we can't take the risk (she had 2 deaths yesterday). Implementing no presents rule family-wide to reduce (hopefully eliminate) pressure for non-essentail shopping trips and keep everyone safe.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

i've just booked a pub for xmas day, as that works for an xmas day visit to my mum. As she lives alone and pubs-with-food should be staying open in all tiers, it should be within the rules in all circumstances. Fingers crossed.

And next weekend I have to venture into tier 3 for some household mixing because that's a better outcome than the homeless alternative. Presumably that's allowed?

I'm confused dude, you can't visit tier 3 and mix with other households. Are you your mum's support bubble? If not, Xmas dinner in pub not allowed either if you were in a tier 3 area, or if a person is from there...

Not telling you what to do, by the way...

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We just watched it. Enjoyed it mainly and did laugh a lot. The Giuliani bit a definite highlight. Could have done without the synagogue bit personally, but I could we what he was trying to do.

What was he trying to do? Definitely the most odd bit of it, but the lady was just amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'm confused dude, you can't visit tier 3 and mix with other households. Are you your mum's support bubble? If not, Xmas dinner in pub not allowed either if you were in a tier 3 area, or if a person is from there...

Aren't you allowed to eat in a pub with your support bubble?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well I mean generally I could see what he was doing, the women were of course not the target of the joke. Just read that her family are suing actually. 

Is she!? 
One thing that struck me was how bunches of christian conservatives effectively welcomed them in, despite clearly being outsiders. And there were some proper nice humans (the lady clapping for instance) among the idiots. 

2 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Is she!? 
One thing that struck me was how bunches of christian conservatives effectively welcomed them in, despite clearly being outsiders. And there were some proper nice humans (the lady clapping for instance) among the idiots. 

Well she is dead, but her family are, yeah. They are saying that she was told it was a serious documentary and was misled.

10 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I think you explained that pretty well TBF.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well she is dead, but her family are, yeah. They are saying that she was told it was a serious documentary and was misled.

Sorry should add a link really:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/borat-2-holocaust-survivor-judith-dim-evans-sacha-baron-cohen-b1042505.html

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He had a 6 inch fake nose on! How could she have been misled? 😂😂😂