When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Thought better of Robshaw. But clearly he hasn’t improved his decision making, since his famous decision to go for touch ;) 

Ha, that always comes up! I still think he made the right call on that one!

But yeah, what a dick. Would have been his Twickenham farewell. 

Every day I wake up and this goes through my head -

"It doesn't matter if the world has gone mad

If we just hold on, if we just hold on, yeah

The sky is falling, and the world has gone mad

And we sing our songs, and we just hold on, yeah"

My world has gone mad for more than 18 months, and I'm only just holding on.  

20 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

Every day I wake up and this goes through my head -

"It doesn't matter if the world has gone mad

If we just hold on, if we just hold on, yeah

The sky is falling, and the world has gone mad

And we sing our songs, and we just hold on, yeah"

My world has gone mad for more than 18 months, and I'm only just holding on.  

It sounds like things had been hard and messed up for you before Covid-19 struck, which must of made everything seem even more surreal and difficult to deal with when it did. I do hope you can hold on and ride out the storm, must be really tough for you to have been going through what you’ve been going through for so long. Life’s weird, sometimes it seems like you get snakebit and you just seem to get bombarded with s*** for a stretch, it almost seems unreal after a while! I do believe all things must pass but it doesn’t feel like that when you’re in the midst of it. Sure would make it easier if we had a rough time or date for when things will start to ease off!

This is what’s been going through my head most of this year:

The-world-is-just-s-sometimes.-And-you-l

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

BBC saying this Maureen woman is becoming some kind of celebrity .... whilst featuring her twice .... bloody idiots !!

The woman from Barnsley? I don't agree with her, but I don't completely disagree with her. 

She will speak for hundreds of thousands of people up and down the country. 

In the same way that Barnsley voted unanimously for Brexit... They like thousands of places up and down the country relate to people that they feel relate to them. 

She'll be leader of the council next year.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It sounds like things had been hard and messed up for you before Covid-19 struck, which must of made everything seem even more surreal and difficult to deal with when it did. I do hope you can hold on and ride out the storm, must be really tough for you to have been going through what you’ve been going through for so long. Life’s weird, sometimes it seems like you get snakebit and you just seem to get bombarded with s*** for a stretch, it almost seems unreal after a while! I do believe all things must pass but it doesn’t feel like that when you’re in the midst of it. Sure would make it easier if we had a rough time or date for when things will start to ease off!

This is what’s been going through my head most of this year:

The-world-is-just-s-sometimes.-And-you-l

Thanks, loving Hold On - takes me back.  Yeah spring 2019 was a bitch and then just as I thought we'd turn the corner....

I'm old enough to know we can come through in the end though. I've been through a few roller coaster rides.  

Should really have posted on the how do you feel thread.... sorry.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think as an experiment they should lift all restrictions in Barnsley and tell the elderly and vulnerable if they're scared then stay in...otherwise don't worry about it.

We're already over over 500 cars per 100k here. 

I don't feel unsafe but I would like to understand why - is it a few outbreaks at a few large employers is it something else.

Is it even distributed? Does it follow the usual trends in the borough? Is it the usual M1 split? Etc.. etc.. 

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

So Borat is brilliant for those who like that sort of thing. They have Rudy Giuliani on camera saying China created the virus and spread it round the world and that nobody was eating bats. And hugely mocks the US conspiracy lot.

They also have him hitting on a young (what he thought) was a journalist. But he wasn't taken in of course....

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

So Borat is brilliant for those who like that sort of thing. They have Rudy Giuliani on camera saying China created the virus and spread it round the world and that nobody was eating bats. And hugely mocks the US conspiracy lot.

They also have him hitting on a young (what he thought) was a journalist. But he wasn't taken in of course....

We just watched it. Enjoyed it mainly and did laugh a lot. The Giuliani bit a definite highlight. Could have done without the synagogue bit personally, but I could we what he was trying to do.