When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Scotland has 5 Tiers (or levels).

• Level zero - eight people from three households can meet indoors. Most businesses would be open. Ms Sturgeon said this is the "closest to normality we can safely get to without more effective treatments or a vaccine"
  • Level one - six people from two households can meet indoors. This level would offer a "reasonable degree of normality"
  • Level two - limitations on hospitality and no gatherings inside people's homes. This will be broadly similar to current restrictions outside Scotland' central belt
  • Level three - much of hospitality closed completely, although restaurants may be able to open. Similar to current central belt restrictions
  • Level four - Closer to full lockdown, but six people from two households would still be able to meet outdoors. This would not be used "unless absolutely necessary"

Annoying it isn’t 1-5 rather than 0-4 .. but that slight annoyance aside, this seems to make sense and is fairly clear and easy to understand. 

21 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I thought this at the time. I think she worked the name of her company into the first interview she did, which I found quite off putting.

I did still chuck a tenner in in the early stages - clearly too much of a sucker :)

To be fair, I gave Captain Tom absolutely fuck all. I know, I know, I'm a hero...

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

It is absurd. The intention to protect small businesses is good, but in reality they’ve just shovelled a wad of cash to Amazon who won’t pay any fucking tax anyway. 

I don't think it makes sense from the point of view of protecting small businesses, but I do think there's an argument that it discourages people from going to a supermarket as a leisure activity, same as they would "go shopping" normally. Therefore keeping numbers down and making them safer.