When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is he though? I just see a reasonable, dignified, empathetic man. He's hardly the most dynamic person about, but he seems like a good guy, with a level head.

I think Biden is best summed up like this. His past is shocking and a very mixed bag for a democratic candidate. But if he's current demeanor and behavior is indicative at all of his possible presidency than he could be a serviceable figure and very good for America right now. 

He himself has said he is a transitional president and that he will listen to the experts and a team of smarter and  mostly more progressive staff around him. 

So hopefully he is a transitional president, to someone a lot better. 

I see Joe Biden as a steady pair of hands for 4 years.  Give Kamala Harris time to prove if she's got the minerals in the Vice Presidency or if a Democrat candidate emerges in that time who the american people could really get behind so that some of the momentum gained by the Trump backlash translates into real change for the nation.

I'll be staying up for the debate, if only to reaffirm my beliefs.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is he though? I just see a reasonable, dignified, empathetic man. He's hardly the most dynamic person about, but he seems like a good guy, with a level head.

Then you see something entirely different to me. I see someone creepy and incoherent. Maybe once upon a time he was sensible, and cogent, enough for this job, but not now. 

3 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I think most will agree with you about Biden, but a large number people will be voting for the team around biden rather than biden himself

As it should be really.  Less cult of personality and more culture of co-operation would be a welcome relief.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m still amazed of all the candidates both parties wheel out these old men ... going to open myself to claims of ageism here ... but surely they could find other candidates 

I agree, it's shocking that the two best men the parties could find are in their 70s ffs

22 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Anyone familiar with DJ Luke Pompey (love not money)? Don't know him myself but this is curious,

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/man-doesn-039-t-use-test-but-is-covid-positive_bexXZZ7ovyGDw4C.html

I know Luke personally and he fell down the covid is fake rabbit hole months ago. Shame cos he’s an ace DJ. 

5 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

His views were pretty clear, but do you think he's lying or he faked the video? If so what's the motive?

I’ve not watched the video, but I ended up reporting some of his post for pedalling lies. 

he’s a man who loves events and he’s had that taken from him, which I think has affected him a lot. 

22 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

His views were pretty clear, but do you think he's lying or he faked the video? If so what's the motive?

He's faked the video.  Look at his body language - scratching his face every 2 seconds and basically looking like a used car dealer trying to sell you a cut-and-shut.  A toddler should be able to recognise this as bullshit: when he was doing his little speech to the camera, introducing his 'experiment' he would have been aware that the chances of him getting a positive result were slim, because the majority of test results are negative.  Yet, he was really invested in giving that intro to his video, complete with the dreadful bad-acting, like a shit magician trying to persuade you there's nothing in his hand.

I can't categorically state what his motive is, but it will fall into either the click-bait Charlatan or Tin-foil-hat category.  

I did an ONS survey swab test a couple of weeks ago.  Can you guess what result I got?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Basically not trump is the best outcome.

With that said, I don't mind the reality star becoming leader thing, we should get Greg Davies as prime minister with little Alex Horne as deputy.

I'd take Frankie Boyle for home secretary any day of the week.  Give Rashford the role of special advisor for communities and actually listen to what he has to say and finally launch a public enquiry into why I keep seeing Daily Star front pages that I agree with.                        

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Basically not trump is the best outcome.

With that said, I don't mind the reality star becoming leader thing, we should get Greg Davies as prime minister with little Alex Horne as deputy.

Taskmaster returning is such a joy in these dark times, been loving the no more jockeys on Alex Hornes youtube as well