When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Wow. 2 family deaths in one day due to COVID.

Both quite distant and both very old but it just goes to show how this rips through the elderly pretty nastily.  :( 

Think of the oldies chaps. Some of them can’t fight this virus at all. Killed one family member as soon as they started symptoms. 

Really sorry to hear that. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Both quite distant and both very old but it just goes to show how this rips through the elderly pretty nastily.  :( 

Think of the oldies chaps. Some of them can’t fight this virus at all. Killed one family member as soon as they started symptoms. 

Sorry to hear that. Deepest condolences.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not full. Socially distanced crowd 

Which actually makes sense. It’s outdoor, you can use the Seats to space people out. Masks while indoors (toilets etc). One of them things where we’re lacking a bit of imagination and courage.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Heck Matt that's rough.  Really sorry 😞 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Where’s the source of that data from? Whoever made the graph clearly has their spell check set to English Simplified (US Spelling)

The guy linked at article by The Spectator. He's a Professor of Maths at Bristol and has been spot on about the second wave when most were saying it was just increased testing. 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

@Toilet Duck channeling strong bowtie vibes

4jgxpf.jpg

😂😂😂

I have one bow tie, goes with my tux, got it when I was 17 for my debs (Irish version of the prom)! I fear no-one will believe I’m me when I finally get to meet ye all at the cider bus next June (keep the faith!)...my wife says I look like an overgrown student!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Which actually makes sense. It’s outdoor, you can use the Seats to space people out. Masks while indoors (toilets etc). One of them things where we’re lacking a bit of imagination and courage.

Totally agree ... large sports stadiums are being used all over despite the increasing infection numbers .... our Government doesnt want to play ball unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Very sorry to hear that Matt. Take care.

6 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Oh my god... France 46,000 cases today... I’m sure this has probably already been mentioned?

no but thats why they are introducing curfews to 38 more departments .... going for a strong approach which seems like most are doing over the winter period 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Trump vs Biden tonight...and I think they have a mute button. I wonder what Trump's strategy will be, this is his last chance maybe.

Yes, the recipient gets two minutes to respond after a question is answered with the other being muted, then the mute gets turned off.

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yes, the recipient gets two minutes to respond after a question is answered with the other being muted, then the mute gets turned off.

so after the initial 2 minutes it's back to the usual chaos? I wonder if Trump will try a different tactic, try to be nicer, interrupt less, show more empathy for those affected by the pandemic...I doubt it's possible. Biden just need to keep calm, try and ignore him, and keep talking into the camera at the watching public and be the only grown up in the room.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so after the initial 2 minutes it's back to the usual chaos? I wonder if Trump will try a different tactic, try to be nicer, interrupt less, show more empathy for those affected by the pandemic...I doubt it's possible. Biden just need to keep calm, try and ignore him, and keep talking into the camera at the watching public and be the only grown up in the room.

Biden is an absolute car crash though, whose only positive feature is ‘not Trump’.  Biden’s best tactic is to stfu and let Trump hang himself.

Unbearably poor candidates again. USA deserves much better than this shit show 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Well his current tactic seems to be to insult large groups of his supporters to their faces so not sure he'll manage nice

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Oh luv I'm so sorry x

Lots of love to you and your family, hope you're ok x

1 hour ago, whitehorses said:

Biden is an absolute car crash though, whose only positive feature is ‘not Trump’.  Biden’s best tactic is to stfu and let Trump hang himself.

Unbearably poor candidates again. USA deserves much better than this shit show 

Is he though? I just see a reasonable, dignified, empathetic man. He's hardly the most dynamic person about, but he seems like a good guy, with a level head.