When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

its an interesting discussion .... you wouldn't personally catch it by shopping online .... but what about the person working  in the wearhouse , the packing , the distribution at some point during that chain someone is at risk , fewer people out and about might reduce the risk overall though ..... Limiting product sales in a supermarket would be an absolute nightmare ... what should be done is some kind of levelling up though 

Supermarkets are perfectly capable of closing booze aisles outside of licencensing hours so they could fairly easily close off their clothes sections, particularly as these areas tend to be distinct on their own at the front of the shop. 

I admit non-essentials embedded within the shop would be harder.

I don't actually think it makes that much sense for these things to be stopped but if the government says one business has to close whilst a competitor who is just as much a disease risk can open then there should be some form of compensation.

28 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Not sure if I missed it but there wasn’t anything about West Yorkshire heading into tier 3? There were rumours that it’s on the cards. 

Apparently they dodged the bullet for another week.. saw a tweet by one of the council or MPs the other day

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Supermarkets are perfectly capable of closing booze aisles outside of licencensing hours so they could fairly easily close off their clothes sections, particularly as these areas tend to be distinct on their own at the front of the shop. 

I admit non-essentials embedded within the shop would be harder.

I don't actually think it makes that much sense for these things to be stopped but if the government says one business has to close whilst a competitor who is just as much a disease risk can open then there should be some form of compensation.

my shop has probably 40 locations for booze within the shop .... closing clothes would be easier .... what happens to these workers then ? are you allowed alcohol when home shopping ? Licensing hours dont really exist in supermarkets anymore .... 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

my shop has probably 40 locations for booze within the shop .... closing clothes would be easier .... what happens to these workers then ? are you allowed alcohol when home shopping ? Licensing hours dont really exist in supermarkets anymore .... 

They do up here in Scotland so the booze stays in the booze aisle and tensa barriers close it off before/after 10:00 am/pm.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

💔

I mean I like Starmer in that he is serious, sensible etc which is something we definitely need at the moment...but I don't know...he seems to lack passion, an  x-factor...I'm no fan of Bojo but people obviously like him...and I don't know, Burnham just comes across as caring more. Maybe Starmer can develop this more..but..if he's not careful he'll just be seen as a bit boring. 

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean I like Starmer in that he is serious, sensible etc which is something we definitely need at the moment...but I don't know...he seems to lack passion, an  x-factor...I'm no fan of Bojo but people obviously like him...and I don't know, Burnham just comes across as caring more. Maybe Starmer can develop this more..but..if he's not careful he'll just be seen as a bit boring. 

God, I crave boring, competent leadership these days.

Bit like a referee, you shouldn't really notice they are there - everything just works as it should.

The minute they start shouting at the opposition or waving the union jack, it's to make up for them being fundamentally bad at steering the country.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a  free for all down south :)  

Well given ASDA manage it up here they could clearly do it down south, so although I think I still fall down on the side of letting supermarkets carry on as normal it's not because I think it's impossible to ask them to restrict things.