When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 hours ago, kemistry said:

As someone who works in hospitality, I have no idea how any bar is still operating in a Tier2/3 area. Since the 10pm and table service rules came in our weekly take has halved, which is completely unsustainable. Expect a lot of independents to close in the coming weeks!

I went to two beer gardens yesterday evening with Miss Afro and a friend of hers, we sat outside in the rain as per the tier 2 rules, but both places explicitly told us that we could do a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on whether we were from the same household and basically invited us to sit inside. Looking at the inside of both pubs, they were busy with groups of 4-6 who didn’t exactly look like they were all from the same household.

Tier 2 rules look like they’re not widely enforced to me. 

Such hyperbolic language used again by Fuzzy. Why do you insist on trying to rile people up?

They haven’t said Christmas is cancelled they are doing what I suggested the PM should be doing and preparing people that Christmas won’t be normal. The quote is:

‘I’m hopeful costs now may get us a more normal family Christmas but Christmas is not going to be normal; there’s absolutely no question about that.

We’re not going to be in large family groupings with multiple families coming round. That is fiction for this year, but I’m hopeful if we can get the numbers down to a certain level we may be able to get some form of normality but people should get their digital Christmas ready.’

all this Christmas talk is really sad. 

Usually by this time in the year im one of them really annoying people thats already well excited for Christmas, all my shopping almost done, what paper will i get what ribbon will i get..  but im just not excited this year :( 

probably cos all of 2020 is a shitshow but its still sad

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

So, Tier2 areas to get more funding...but at same time Manchester and other areas have effectively been in Tier2 since the summer.

They have, but by all accounts the "no household mixing" rule was being ignored pretty much universally. The new Tier 2 legislation includes large fixed penalties, and puts the onus on the business not to break the rules "by neglect". 

Manchester pubs and restaurants should have asked for funding from the get go and closed, rather than opened, ignored the rules, and pretended it was all fine, while case numbers went up.

54 minutes ago, Copperface said:

This is imaginative..

Imaginative, shows how stupid the rules are, but equally it doesn't take a genius to see that the virus doesn't care if it's a business meeting or mates getting together. It'll do nothing but force them to close the loophole.

38 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I went to two beer gardens yesterday evening with Miss Afro and a friend of hers, we sat outside in the rain as per the tier 2 rules, but both places explicitly told us that we could do a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on whether we were from the same household and basically invited us to sit inside. Looking at the inside of both pubs, they were busy with groups of 4-6 who didn’t exactly look like they were all from the same household.

Tier 2 rules look like they’re not widely enforced to me. 

Yeah, well they're expecting bars and restaurants to enforce it and lose a load of business.

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

And no turkeys 🦃 either ... supply problems with workers and quarunteen an issue ... plenty on the front bench should we run short though 

Yeah my mate is gutted he normally works on the farms leading up to Christmas because they needed someone who had experience handling cocks 

Edited by gazzared
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Usually by this time in the year im one of them really annoying people thats already well excited for Christmas, all my shopping almost done, what paper will i get what ribbon will i get..  but im just not excited this year :( 

I think the best way to look at things is that it’s going to be an alternative one ... try to focus on a different way of celebrating it ... not sure how yet ... maybe some people on here , will have some creative ways of doing it ... it hopefully will just be the once in a lifetime of Christmas days that will be different ... I think mine will be on my own but I’ve kind of accepted that long ago 

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I think it’s good you are getting yourself in a position to accept that Christmas will be different, by the time it comes round hopefully you’ll be feeling more Christmassy!

We can still have a good Christmas even if things are different, it might end the year on a slightly better note than what it has been. I’m sure when Christmas music starts being played, Christmas films are in TV and Christmas food is out you’ll feel a bit more up for it!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

My girlfriends said to me last night 'As it's been a shit year I think we should put the tree up early this year'.  No issue to me, I like having the tree up.  'When?' I asked. 'At the  weekend' she replied. Fuck me.

• Like 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Behave :) it’s just going to be different ... unless people want to cancel it for their own benefit :) 

I think he was making a comment on the trolling going on.

I’m still looking forward to the festive season but understand if that time of year isn’t for everyone.