When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah red wall....hope Brexit is worth it..

Part of me wants to feel smug and say to them 'I told you so you dickhead' and then I realise that the countries pretty fucked and I can't see an imminent way out which is immensely frustrating. I think if I'm honest I was secretly hoping that I'd been wrong all along about Brexit and it was actually a good idea and I'd just not understood the complex issues surrounding it and that the Tories weren't absolute scrotes but sadly I've been proven right again.  Woo hoo... definitely don't feel like a winner though. 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

318 out of 319 noes were Tory on the Free School Meals vote. 

Please excuse the extremely strong language but fuck these c**ts. Fuck every single one of them. 

As a teacher of some very poor children who rely on FSM, I am incandescent at this news. 

Yep the only thing I think was wrong with Angela calling them scum is that it wasn't harsh enough!!

55 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Well this is a bit of sensationalist bullshit isn’t it? Do we know that the vaccine was the “cause” of the neurological condition? Similarly numerous articles now reporting the person was administered the placebo vaccine anyway. 

Any clinical trial of this scale is going to have all sorts of weird and wonderful adverse events pop up when participants get diagnosed with all sorts of conditions. All of these are reported to the regulator but often these events are just a coincidence, and are almost an inevitability when you have such a large sample of people across different age groups. 

Journalism like this isn’t helping public confidence in the vaccine at a time when it is likely to be crucial. 

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

Well this is a bit of sensationalist bullshit isn’t it? Do we know that the vaccine was the “cause” of the neurological condition? Similarly numerous articles now reporting the person was administered the placebo vaccine anyway. 

Any clinical trial of this scale is going to have all sorts of weird and wonderful adverse events pop up when participants get diagnosed with all sorts of conditions. All of these are reported to the regulator but often these events are just a coincidence, and are almost an inevitability when you have such a large sample of people across different age groups. 

Journalism like this isn’t helping public confidence in the vaccine at a time when it is likely to be crucial. 

yeah, sorry shouldn't have posted it. Came up on my twitter feed so I passed it on...

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If true, Starmer needs to grow a fucking backbone. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if true...but Starmer probably just wants to bury this story...which is understandable. It actually works quite well in that tory scum could definitely catch on...but at same time labour really need to win back voters who voted tory for first time in the last election, plus at the same time win over moderate tories, if they're going to stand any chance of winning an election.

They are scum though.

33 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If true, Starmer needs to grow a fucking backbone. 

Think we’ll only see one of those deployed vs left wing labour members and MPs, I honestly don’t see him ever standing up to anyone else, which is depressing/annoying.  I get the strategy, but I’m not convinced- think he has a lot more leeway’s to stand up to the bully boys than he realises

Edited by Mr.Tease

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, sorry shouldn't have posted it. Came up on my twitter feed so I passed it on...

Nothing wrong with posting it, gives us a chance to discuss it! @zero000 is right though, confidence in the vaccine (and vaccines in general) is important, so while transparency is crucial, responsible reporting is too. 

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Sounds like loads of restrictions for what Covid cash for Tier 3 can be used for too - this is just nuts!! :huh:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/21/south-yorkshire-agrees-to-go-under-tier-3-covid-restrictions

"He added that government officials had explicitly told local leaders they could not use this fund to top up wages to prevent people earning less than the minimum wage."

I want to throw up. The government don't want these councils making them look bad, by actually helping people who need it most. 

Just now, ace56blaa said:

"He added that government officials had explicitly told local leaders they could not use this fund to top up wages to prevent people earning less than the minimum wage."

I want to throw up. The government don't want these councils making them look bad, by actually helping people who need it most. 

I know it makes me so angry and sad at the same time, surely they should be able to allocate it as they see fit to local needs :( 

8 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Sounds like loads of restrictions for what Covid cash for Tier 3 can be used for too - this is just nuts!! :huh:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/21/south-yorkshire-agrees-to-go-under-tier-3-covid-restrictions

Mostly on businesses and then about 10 million for contract tracing is what I'm hearing from former colleagues at a South Yorkshire local authority.

8 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Can't top up wages, and if those people now can't afford to feed their kids it's their own fault. FFS, I've always hated the Tories but they just keep getting worse 😡

I am reading the bbc article on free school meals during the holidays which the tories voted against and found this interesting:

Bassetlaw MP Mr Clarke-Smith asked: "Where is the slick PR campaign encouraging absent parents to take some responsibility for their children?

"I do not believe in nationalising children, instead we need to get back to the idea of taking responsibility.

"This means less celebrity virtue signalling on Twitter by proxy and more action to tackle the real causes of child poverty."

An interesting point about absent parents not taking responsibility and makes me wonder what the psychological reasons could be for this.  Maybe Boris can shed some light on why people abandon their kids?
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Can't top up wages, and if those people now can't afford to feed their kids it's their own fault. FFS, I've always hated the Tories but they just keep getting worse 😡

It’s so demoralising. When will people wake up and realise that it’s the Tories that are the biggest issue facing this country!? 

23 minutes ago, basicminds said:

I am reading the bbc article on free school meals during the holidays which the tories voted against and found this interesting:

Bassetlaw MP Mr Clarke-Smith asked: "Where is the slick PR campaign encouraging absent parents to take some responsibility for their children?

"I do not believe in nationalising children, instead we need to get back to the idea of taking responsibility.

"This means less celebrity virtue signalling on Twitter by proxy and more action to tackle the real causes of child poverty."

An interesting point about absent parents not taking responsibility and makes me wonder what the psychological reasons could be for this.  Maybe Boris can shed some light on why people abandon their kids?

I had to read that a couple of times 🤣

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Genuinely don’t know how that MP can say that with a straight face when his leader is Boris ‘Absentee Father Extraordinaire’ Johnson

27 minutes ago, basicminds said:

This is the prick in question and I feel that's a bit of an insult to pricks.

31 minutes ago, basicminds said:

Jesus. If I was that bit bitter and miserable and filled with hate I don’t think I could get out of bed in the morning.